Big Fan of Voris. Done with the "Lesé-majesté " policy
(09-20-2014, 03:38 PM)DJR Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 08:18 AM)spikepaga Wrote: This Pope is a loose canon and a liability for the Church. It's like Vatican 2 on steroids and embodied in a single individual. If the Church can survive this Pope

I am 31...

"IF" the Church can survive this pope? 

There's no "if" about it; the Church WILL survive this pope, just like She has survived every other pope.

You are young.  Don't despair.  Read Church history.  I suggest reading The Oxford Dictionary of Popes.  It was written by a pro Catholic Anglican and is a fair and concise presentation of history.

The history of the popes is one long disaster after another. 

We've had popes openly contradicting past popes, digging up their bodies and excommunicating them (Pope Formosus episode), popes aligning themselves with anti-Catholic powers, papal elections erupting into physical battles, popes being elected by a handful of cardinals in secret, popes buying their offices, popes dying while visiting their mistresses (John XII), et cetera.

The Church survived them; She will survive Francis.  In fact, She will survive all of them until the end of time.  No "ifs" about it.

I was born during the reign of Pope Pius XII, lived through "the changes" and witnessed the destruction firsthand.  You want to talk about depressing?  Try rearing a Catholic family through the 60s, 70s, and 80s, when nearly everything in the Church seemed to be against you.

And yet... the Church is still here.  I'm here; you're here.  This pope could be gone tomorrow and be replaced with a pope that is more of a Traditionalist bent.  Although the pickings are slim, there are some out there.

I forget who said it, but a staunch Catholic once made the statement:  "Pray and punch."

Keep fighting.  You're 31 and living proof that the Church WILL survive... this pope and every pope.

Thank you for your reply. You are very correct in everything you have stated. Popes come and go. The Church is forever.

It just seems that with a Pope that thrives and relishes on the  media and public opinion, it is important he knows that people are aware of what he is up to. After all, I think that is what Archbishop Lefebvre and his followers did in their day and to a certain extent what Cardinal Burke is doing today.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Big Fan of Voris. Done with the "Lesé-majesté " policy - by spikepaga - 09-21-2014, 04:58 PM