Where Jesus Is Buried

Wow. This is from a September 16 article called "Hoping War-Weary Tourists Will Return to Israel," in the New York Times:

[Image: jesustomb.jpg]

Duh. Looks like a certain journalist needs to take a Religions 101 course.

This is an example of what happens when your research is limited to the information in a 'Google Search'.
Perhaps the past-tense "was" should've been there. Typo, maybe? Knowing modern Journalism, however... probably not.  :LOL:

as the old joke goes:

A team of three archaeologists - a Jesuit, a Franciscan, and a Dominican - go to the Holy Land in search of ancient tombs. When digging deep under Jerusalem, they find a tomb that is labeled "Jesus of Nazareth". With trepidation, they go inside. They find a skeleton with marks of crucifixion.

The Franciscan wept, saying: "all the love I have had for the poor was pointless!"
The Dominican lamented: "every truth I have contemplated is a lie!"
The Jesuit paused, thought a moment, and said: "so there really was a Jesus!"
The story you linked has already been updated to read "the site where many Christians believe that Jesus was buried"
The author of the article, Matthew Kalman, has a surname of Hungarian origin that is especially common among Ashkenazic Jews. It could have been a typo, yes, or it could be a basic ignorance of America's majority culture on the part of newspapermen who are minorities insulated from that culture to some degree.
Correction....was buried.
(09-23-2014, 02:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Correction....was buried.

haha, that is like a David Caruso line, all you need to do is put on the sunglasses and start playing the Who
(09-23-2014, 10:20 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Duh. Looks like a certain journalist needs to take a Religions 101 course.

My mom told me a funny story years ago after she had returned from a trip to Israel. 

She was with a group of people taking a tour of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.  The group was making its way through the church when they stopped at a painting of Our Lady of Sorrows depicting Our Lady's Immaculate Heart pierced with swords.

One non-Catholic in the group spoke up and asked the tourguide, a young man, what the significance of the swords in Our Lady's heart was.  My mom said the guy paused and then said, "Well, when Jesus died, a soldier came up and pierced His heart with a lance.  And then the soldier turned around and killed Jesus' mother."

My mother almost fainted.
(09-23-2014, 02:49 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 02:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Correction....was buried.

haha, that is like a David Caruso line, all you need to do is put on the sunglasses and start playing the Who

Correction....was buried  8-)