Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried
The third one is not objectionable and has been, from what I understand, the usual advice for a long time, especially when there are children involved. 

As you say, the first one is also not a problem and is generally recommended for anyone who can't actually receive the Sacrament.

Regarding the fourth one, ultimately the bishop is the judge (the Roman Pontiff being supreme judge). Any canonical processes that have been put in place are essentially a function of this jurisdiction, letting all know how the judgment will be made (it is often delegated).  But what is essential is the jurisdiction of the Pope or bishop, not any particular process.  Other sacraments are judged valid or invalid with little to no judicial process, such as the putative baptism of converts.  A different process, provided it is rooted in the bishop's jurisdiction (or the Pope's of course), would not violate either the divine law or the natural law.  That being said, a system without clearly delineated rules seems to me to provide a greater danger for partiality and abuse.

Regarding the second thing, it would be wrong to call it a Sacrament without absolution, but non-sacramental confession has a long history in the Church and has been practiced as a means to obtain merit and graces through humiliation and self-accusation.  While one could not be absolved without confessing all one's sins, I don't see how examining one's conscience and at least confessing some of one's sins can make one any worse off, but it may obtain graces that will lead to a change of heart and/or a greater courage and strength to turn from the other sins.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried - by SaintSebastian - 09-23-2014, 01:44 PM