Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried
(09-23-2014, 04:10 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote:
Quote:I think one great solution would be for the Church to deny matrimony to certain couples and demand a thorough chatechesis for people that want the sacrament.
But I doubt that will be done, since there's money involved.

I think this is generally what is supposed to be done now anyway (again, I think it probably varies in practice depending on where you live).

Yeah, right.

(09-23-2014, 04:51 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: I don't understand the big stink about Communion, really.

Maybe it's different in other parts of the world, but in my small bubble I know no less than 4 couples who are remarried outside of the Church, and have had no limits to my knowledge placed on them in regards to Sacraments. While there are consequences on paper, there are none in reality - it's like being a pro-abortion politician.

Why are the liberals/modernists making such a big stink out of de facto situation, which apparently has no danger of being modified anytime in the near future?

Come to think of it I don't know of anyone remarried that really desires sacramental communion.
But anyway, there are very real consequences: when one eats and drinks of the body of Christ unworthily one eats and drinks one's own condemnation.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried - by Renatus Frater - 09-23-2014, 05:11 PM