Something Worse Than A Black Mass
Didn't a French SSPX priest on pilgrimage say Mass in Saint Peter's Basillica recently? Would this not mean, according to poor Fr Nicholson, that the  senior clergy at the basillica permitted 'something worse than a blackmass' to occur in the Pope's own church?

I don't believe Fr Nicholson really believes a Mass offered by an SSPX priest is worse than a black Mass. But I do wonder if he is trying to imply that SSPXers are worse than Satanists?

If he feels this way, then he must be consumed by an irrational anger. What ever caused this, lets pray he will get healing, poor soul. He could potentially be an excellent priest, and I am sure he is a sincere and holy man. But these regular rants against the society and +Lefebvre are weird and make him come across as unbalanced.
Everything is unbalanced in the West. All is polarized. People fall under titles, labels, and structures now. The Humanistic, Secularist mindset that started to germinate a thousand years ago is bearing fruit. What a sad thing. As Miles Immaculatae says, let us pray for this priest and all who are so full of anger and hatred. The gentle Christ of the crucifixion is not here to give us a happy life, but a joyous one that is calm in faith and hope.
(09-28-2014, 08:39 AM)Heorot Wrote: Everything is unbalanced in the West. All is polarized. People fall under titles, labels, and structures now. The Humanistic, Secularist mindset that started to germinate a thousand years ago is bearing fruit. What a sad thing. As Miles Immaculatae says, let us pray for this priest and all who are so full of anger and hatred. The gentle Christ of the crucifixion is not here to give us a happy life, but a joyous one that is calm in faith and hope.

Wait, secularism has its beginnings in the beginning of the 11th century?  ???
(09-28-2014, 08:39 AM)Heorot Wrote: Everything is unbalanced in the West. All is polarized. People fall under titles, labels, and structures now. The Humanistic, Secularist mindset that started to germinate a thousand years ago is bearing fruit. What a sad thing. As Miles Immaculatae says, let us pray for this priest and all who are so full of anger and hatred. The gentle Christ of the crucifixion is not here to give us a happy life, but a joyous one that is calm in faith and hope.

Humanism is great. The word has a broad meaning, and has been hijacked, but the authentic Christian humanism is entirely traditional.
(09-28-2014, 08:20 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: Humanism is great. The word has a broad meaning, and has been hijacked, but the authentic Christian humanism is entirely traditional.
À la Maritain? Maritain was a Modernist whose book Humanisme Intégral the Liberation "Theologian" Fr. Gutierrez praised, recognizing Maritain's "New Christianity" "originates another pastoral perspective and another theological mentality" for these post-French Revolution times (quoted in Card. Siri's Gethsemane).
(09-25-2014, 08:58 AM)PrairieMom Wrote: And here I'd thought someone was going to post a video of this as "worse than a black mass":

k i l l m e
(09-28-2014, 08:33 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 08:20 PM)Miles Immaculatae Wrote: Humanism is great. The word has a broad meaning, and has been hijacked, but the authentic Christian humanism is entirely traditional.
À la Maritain? Maritain was a Modernist whose book Humanisme Intégral the Liberation "Theologian" Fr. Gutierrez praised, recognizing Maritain's "New Christianity" "originates another pastoral perspective and another theological mentality" for these post-French Revolution times (quoted in Card. Siri's Gethsemane).

Maybe à la Erasmus is what he meant.
All one has to do to see the folly in that angry priest's comments is to take a look at this work by the great Joe Carroll...