Synod on the Family
I'm starting to suspect these Easterners here are trolls. Countless threads have been derailed by some discussion on the differences between East and West.

If you guys want so much to discuss the orthodoxy of giving communion to people in mortal sin or of putting asunder what God has united, then open some thread about it.
At least we will not have to have this discussion over and over again.

(10-05-2014, 04:38 PM)Gabriel Serafin Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 10:40 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: So I've heard Paul Vi will be beatified at the end of the Synod. Is this true?
This is BS! What's going on, come on! Who has a devotion to Pope Paul VI? He's the Pope both liberals and conservatives don't like.

I've also read chunks of the Pope's homily (from a secular media news), and its the typical Bergoglian stuff, you know "we are not here to discuss bright ideas and so on" (so basically admitting that Kasper is not bright and his ideas are dumb -- but, you know, maybe dumb ideas are good for the people, like dumb Masses proved to be so great).

How about we offer our sacrifices for this Synod today? I think I'll do that this and next week -- hoping, of course, its not just a farce; but anyway, the Holy Spirit can use farces to do good, so, no problem there (for God).

and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

I'm sorry, but to whom was I uncharitable? I hope Pope Paul VI is in heaven, but that's not the whole point of beatification and canonization.
All right, I could have refrained from saying bad stuff about the Pope's homily, specially since he say stuff that can be interpreted pro or contra Kasper. But, since I think its quite a common place that Francis shares Kasper's ideas (which are dumb), I think that was a safe assumption.
(10-05-2014, 07:24 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I'm starting to suspect these Easterners here are trolls. Countless threads have been derailed by some discussion on the differences between East and West.

If you guys want so much to discuss the orthodoxy of giving communion to people in mortal sin or of putting asunder what God has united, then open some thread about it.
At least we will not have to have this discussion over and over again.

(10-05-2014, 04:38 PM)Gabriel Serafin Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 10:40 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: So I've heard Paul Vi will be beatified at the end of the Synod. Is this true?
This is BS! What's going on, come on! Who has a devotion to Pope Paul VI? He's the Pope both liberals and conservatives don't like.

I've also read chunks of the Pope's homily (from a secular media news), and its the typical Bergoglian stuff, you know "we are not here to discuss bright ideas and so on" (so basically admitting that Kasper is not bright and his ideas are dumb -- but, you know, maybe dumb ideas are good for the people, like dumb Masses proved to be so great).

How about we offer our sacrifices for this Synod today? I think I'll do that this and next week -- hoping, of course, its not just a farce; but anyway, the Holy Spirit can use farces to do good, so, no problem there (for God).

and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

I'm sorry, but to whom was I uncharitable? I hope Pope Paul VI is in heaven, but that's not the whole point of beatification and canonization.
All right, I could have refrained from saying bad stuff about the Pope's homily, specially since he say stuff that can be interpreted pro or contra Kasper. But, since I think its quite a common place that Francis shares Kasper's ideas (which are dumb), I think that was a safe assumption.

I don't see how discussion of it is inappropriate considering it's a common reason put forth and that Cardinal Kasper himself has brought it up. I understand that sometimes the facts are a little inconvenient but that doesn't mean people bringing them up are trolls.  :P
The differences between East and West are going to crop up, especially when ithis whole divorce issue comes up and it seems that some  major league Catholic prelates are moving towards a more Eastern style approach.  True enough, a thread shouldn't be derailed but generally speaking this sort debate about divorce and communion is going to touch upon the differences between East and West.
Oh please, the facts are not inconvenient for us Catholics. Its simply annoying. Like Protestants are annoying.

And also, because some important bishop call some heretic schismatic a brother bishop is not a reason that every thread that touches upon bishops every protest of Protestants should be brought forth.

(10-05-2014, 08:06 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Oh please, the facts are not inconvenient for us Catholics. Its simply annoying. Like Protestants are annoying.

Well I was teasing but no one is forcing you to read the posts. If you are that annoyed just read past or don't open the thread anymore.  Just because you don't want to discuss it doesn't mean other people don't.  :shrug:

(10-05-2014, 10:38 PM)Silouan Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 08:06 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Oh please, the facts are not inconvenient for us Catholics. Its simply annoying. Like Protestants are annoying.

Well I was teasing but no one is forcing you to read the posts. If you are that annoyed just read past or don't open the thread anymore.  Just because you don't want to discuss it doesn't mean other people don't.  :shrug:

I can see you are intent on trolling the rest of us. All I want to say is that Kasper is no better than the orthodox, and the orthodox are no better than Kasper. As long as you're ok with that, my point is made.
(10-05-2014, 11:06 PM)1seeker Wrote:

I can see you are intent on trolling the rest of us. All I want to say is that Kasper is no better than the orthodox, and the orthodox are no better than Kasper. As long as you're ok with that, my point is made.

Whether you like me or the Orthodox or not you could show the basic respect of not calling me a troll and capitalizing the word Orthodox. I've got a little more of a track record on this forum than you do.  :)
(10-05-2014, 11:28 PM)Silouan Wrote:

Whether you like me or the Orthodox or not you could show the basic respect of not calling me a troll and capitalizing the word Orthodox. I've got a little more of a track record on this forum than you do.  :)

I see you again avoided the question. Namely that your Orthodoxy is remarkably similar to Kasper's heresies. You need to defend Kasper and not make the discussion be about punctuation.

So basically I must avoid a thread that discusses a Synod going on in my own Church.

But anyway, I'm sorry, I guess I should be more temperate.
(10-06-2014, 07:59 AM)1seeker Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 11:28 PM)Silouan Wrote:

I see you again avoided the question. Namely that your Orthodoxy is remarkably similar to Kasper's heresies. You need to defend Kasper and not make the discussion be about punctuation.

You call me a troll and then in the next post tell me that "I need" to "defend" Kasper's "heresies." As to avoiding the question I didn't see a question from you that I haven't already answered. Tell me what the question is and I'll answer it as best as I can.