Little Little Flowers
Years later 99% of those girls will say that they were forced into it and that they hate Catholicism because it's anti-women and anti-choice.
(10-08-2014, 09:22 AM)dark lancer Wrote: Years later 99% of those girls will say that they were forced into it and that they hate Catholicism because it's anti-women and anti-choice.

Don't be so doom and gloom.  You're a Catholic, you should be cheerful.
You and I both know that I'm right.
(10-08-2014, 07:08 PM)dark lancer Wrote: You and I both know that I'm right.

Yeah because you totally tell by that environment that they're going to reject the faith. :eyeroll: They have a better chance than most.

And furthermore, do you think the faith is a Gnostic sect?  You say 99& of them will grow up to be anti-Catholic.  Well what's so special about you?  Why are you a Catholic?  What qualities do you have that they don't?  Why are you elected to that rare 1%?  You're a dangerous mix of arrogance, cynicism and despair.

You have to cheer up dude.
Because most kids go to secularized public schools, aren't properly catechized, and are marched off to those bastions of secular humanism and lipstick feminism more commonly known as "college."
I had nuns in elementary school through 8th grade and then 2 years of Catholic high school and 2 years of public high school. 

I have nothing but fond memories of the nuns in school.  These ladies were like living history books, the stories they could tell us kids about the saints or Fatima, etc.  They would bring them to life so much so that when library time came we would rush to the section on saints to find books on the wonderful stories they told us and find out more.  I miss those days.  We felt safe, loved and cared for by those wonderful sisters.  All had their beautiful habits and were strict but loving.  Sure there was an occasional bad apple who was just mean, but out of all my years there, only one comes to mind. 

I hope 20 years down the road, some of these little girls are on the path to being a nun.  How wonderful it would be to have a resurgence of vocations in the Catholic world.  I miss the days when nuns dressed like nuns, not like clipped haired lesbians in pant suits.
(10-08-2014, 07:47 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Because most kids go to secularized public schools, aren't properly catechized, and are marched off to those bastions of secular humanism and lipstick feminism more commonly known as "college."

And most of these kids are involved in a parish and school with a strong Eucharistic devotion, a strong culture based around the Divine Office, and a strong devotion to Our Blessed Lady's rosary.  And let's be frank, how many Catholic schools do you see having a ton of girls dressed up as Saint Therese?  These girls have a strong foundation.  You rely on God's grace to see them through life.

Yeah many will go to college.  But contrary to popular belief you can go to college and not lose your faith.  People have a choice, they don't have to "go bad."  And if there's a strong bedrock that is inflamed with the faith, then God's grace will operate freely.  You're simply far too pessimistic.
(10-08-2014, 07:48 AM)Philomena01 Wrote: Our parish has a group for young girls called Little Sisters of St. Teresa. 

Here is a description of the program:

It gives girls, minimum age 6, the opportunity to dress as nuns and learn about the lives of sisters.  They take part in Mass, common prayers, meals, and creative activities to learn of some of the joys of religious life. 

I think that it is wonderful, it lets little girls see that being a nun is something to aspire to, that it can be a happy, fulfilling vocation.  So cute after mass to see all the little girls running around in their habits.
lol nun scouta
(10-08-2014, 08:54 PM)Prie dieu Wrote:
(10-08-2014, 07:47 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Because most kids go to secularized public schools, aren't properly catechized, and are marched off to those bastions of secular humanism and lipstick feminism more commonly known as "college."

And most of these kids are involved in a parish and school with a strong Eucharistic devotion, a strong culture based around the Divine Office, and a strong devotion to Our Blessed Lady's rosary.  And let's be frank, how many Catholic schools do you see having a ton of girls dressed up as Saint Therese?  These girls have a strong foundation.  You rely on God's grace to see them through life.

Yeah many will go to college.  But contrary to popular belief you can go to college and not lose your faith.  People have a choice, they don't have to "go bad."  And if there's a strong bedrock that is inflamed with the faith, then God's grace will operate freely.  You're simply far too pessimistic.

Why aren't there so many devout Catholics now, then?
(10-09-2014, 11:30 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-08-2014, 08:54 PM)Prie dieu Wrote:

Why aren't there so many devout Catholics now, then?

Maybe this generation will be more devout. I really don't think anything outside the Church is sustainable, precisely because the Church is the fullness of reality (Eph. 1) and one cannot avoid reality for long.

Also, college is not the end of the world. It was in college that I came back to the Church, and in college one can learn to be more faithful, precisely because there one either is really faithful or one falls into all sorts of hedonisms.

Regarding the little little flowers: they are quite cute indeed. God bless them and their families.