"Exorcism" by Beer
Especially for Marty... The writer of this bit is monastic Johann Busch, who was born at Zwolle in 1399  and belonged to the Austin Canons to which Thomas à Kempis (a contemporary) belonged.
Quote: Once as I went from Halle to Calbe, a man who was ploughing ran forth from the field and said that his wife was possessed with a devil, beseeching me most instantly that I would enter his house (for it was not far from our way) and liberate her from this demon.

At last, touched by his prayers, I granted his request, coming down from my chariot and following him to his house. When therefore I had looked into the woman's state, I found that she had many fantasies, for that she was wont to sleep and eat too little, whence she fell into feebleness of brain and thought herself possessed by a demon; yet there was no such thing in her case.

So I told her husband to see that she kept a good diet, that is, good meat and drink, especially in the evening when she would go to sleep; "for then" (said I) "when all her work is over, she should drink what is called in the vulgar tongue een warme iaute, that is a quart of hot ale, as hot as she can stand, without bread but with a little butter of the bigness of a hazel-nut. And when she hath drunken it to the end, let her go forthwith to bed; thus will she soon get a whole brain again."

[Image: beer2.gif]

Hot ale and butter for a whole brain. Hmmm. Ya' gotta' love those monks.

Sweet and caring husband she has though. :)
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
beer

hot ale  [Image: puke.gif]

I'd advise 3 freezing cold XXXX, out of a can, and a hand full of salted Kingaroy peanuts to go with each of them.

Right Mr XXXX ?
[-]
  •