Being dressed by women
Why is letting the wife pick the man's clothes for him a thing?  What do women know about men's clothing if they only wear women's clothing?
They know what makes men look good to women. . . .? Which is kind of the point, to a certain extent?
Then why don't husbands pick clothes for their wives?
(10-11-2014, 10:04 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Then why don't husbands pick clothes for their wives?

becuase men dont know what makes a women look good?  I dont see much hope for winning this conversation :)
Because women are most attuned to wanting to make things "look good".
There is can also be a perceived idea that the way her husband looks is an extension of how well she runs her house.
It's in the same vein of why some women put so much time in putting themselves together- in the idea that she is an extension of her husband, and that she wants him to be proud to have her on his arm, and that she is able to be "showed-off".
A well put together man also looks more approachable, successful, friendly, and handsome.

But that's all my opinion based on no research and no discussions on the top with other women
(10-11-2014, 10:43 PM)medievalman86 Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 10:04 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Then why don't husbands pick clothes for their wives?

becuase men dont know what makes a women look good?  I dont see much hope for winning this conversation :)

I know what would make women look good...

It involves modest outfits, of course.

And mantillas for Mass.
Is this really a thing? If it is I wouldn't object to it (unless my wife were really outlandish in her preferences).

Though I think I dress myself decently I'm getting behind the times: these bloody modern men are so detailed in their dressing and grooming that its just a pain keeping up. I can't be bothered, really. So, having a wife to look after those things would be a great thing to prevent stress and save some time.
(10-11-2014, 11:14 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Is this really a thing? If it is I wouldn't object to it (unless my wife were really outlandish in her preferences).

Though I think I dress myself decently I'm getting behind the times: these bloody modern men are so detailed in their dressing and grooming that its just a pain keeping up. I can't be bothered, really. So, having a wife to look after those things would be a great thing to prevent stress and save some time.

One of my professors in college was a snazzy dresser, and often bragged about his wife picking out his clothes every day.  I think it makes a guy look like he either has a queer eye or can't do anything himself.
Well, he was a professor in a college, so I imagine he can do things for himself, but decides to put clothing to the non-priority list. I think that will be my policy if I get married.

But if you don't like you wife picking clothes for you, just tell her.

EDIT: we are men! we shouldn't have to have a 23-page thread on appropriate clothes. Just wear some nice pants and a shirt, and maybe a suit if you're really fancy.
I for one like Jean-Luc Marion's style :P

What I want to know is what makes women suitable for choosing men's outfits when they don't wear men's clothing at all.  With exceptions, of course.