Being dressed by women
(10-11-2014, 11:31 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Well, he was a professor in a college, so I imagine he can do things for himself, but decides to put clothing to the non-priority list. I think that will be my policy if I get married.

But if you don't like you wife picking clothes for you, just tell her.

Don't count on it. Many college professors espouse a liberal ideology which only tolerates 1 way of thought, the one handed to them from their liberal elites.
gk chestertons wife frances picked out a lot of his clothes

he was very absent minded and didn't think much of hours appearance

There's a lot more commonalities than you might think.  Color, pattern, and fit are a significant portion of what makes something look good.  The general principles tend to apply to clothing for either sex.  A lot of men never learned these principles and don't particularly care to.
(10-11-2014, 10:04 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Then why don't husbands pick clothes for their wives?
They wouldn't dare.
I think not all but most of the men try to dress well so that they can impress women so somewhere i think women know how should men get dressed. But it also a fact that all women are different and have different taste so men are wise enough to think what should they wear and and they are the one who have to dress so they should dress into in which they are comfortable... What do you think? Let me know.. Thank you..
(10-14-2014, 04:19 AM)expectantskunk Wrote: I think not all but most of the men try to dress well so that they can impress women so somewhere i think women know how should men get dressed. But it also a fact that all women are different and have different taste so men are wise enough to think what should they wear and and they are the one who have to dress so they should dress into in which they are comfortable... What do you think? Let me know.. Thank you..
I'm old and I've been married for a long time. I have no interest in trying to impress anyone with my flashness. I did that once and now she is trying to impress everyone else with my flashness.

The poor girl... she's never made me look better than I am.
I am guilty of "dressing" both my XH and my XBF.
While I liked what they wore before, I have my own personal taste and the things that I find attractive on men. So I could point things out that I liked when we went clothes shopping, make a fuss when they wore something I found attractive, or (if asked) pick out an outfit.  If I did go clothes shopping for them alone, I picked out what I liked and thought would look good on them.

I am sure they are women who don't like what I like, and I am sure that, at this point, they have been "made over" to suit the tastes of their current romantic entanglement.
Apart from the sheer bother of trying to look flash... an unkempt look makes it possible to be seen in public without all the pretty girls wanting to rush up and kiss me.
(10-14-2014, 11:56 AM)Oldavid Wrote: Apart from the sheer bother of trying to look flash... an unkempt look makes it possible to be seen in public without all the pretty girls wanting to rush up and kiss me.

I wish I had your problems.
(10-14-2014, 12:11 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 11:56 AM)Oldavid Wrote: Apart from the sheer bother of trying to look flash... an unkempt look makes it possible to be seen in public without all the pretty girls wanting to rush up and kiss me.

I wish I had your problems.
Well,... you could imagine that you did if you were properly unkempt.