Francis ridicules "traditionalists" in final "Sin-od" speech
The temptation to come down off the Cross, to please the people, and not stay there, in order to fulfil the will of the Father; to bow down to a worldly spirit instead of purifying it and bending it to the Spirit of God.

- The temptation to neglect the “depositum fidei” [the deposit of faith], not thinking of themselves as guardians but as owners or masters [of it]; or, on the other hand, the temptation to neglect reality, making use of meticulous language and a language of smoothing to say so many things and to say nothing! They call them “byzantinisms,” I think, these things…

This looks traditional to me.
(02-14-2015, 01:08 AM)Geremia Wrote: The college of bishops does not have supreme authority alongside the pope. The Church does not have two heads.

What you say here is correct.  But just to clarify the Church's doctrine, the Church does indeed teach that the college of bishops is the subject of supreme authority in the Church.  But this is not "alongside the Pope," since the Pope is an integral member of the College.

Lumen Gentium Wrote:The order of bishops, which succeeds to the college of apostles and gives this apostolic body continued existence, is also the subject of supreme and full power over the universal Church, provided we understand this body together with its head the Roman Pontiff and never without this head.

The Deputatio de Fide at the First Vatican Council officially addressed this very issue for the Council Fathers with regard to concerns raised over stating the Pope alone was a subject of this same power:

Vatican I, Deputatio de Fide Wrote:The bishops gathered with their head in an ecumenical council—and in that case they represent the whole Church—or dispersed but in union with their head—in which case they are the Church itself—truly have full power (vere plenam potestatem habent). There would be confusion if we were to admit two full and supreme powers separate and distinct from each other. But we admit that the truly full and supreme power is in the sovereign pontiff as in the head (veluti capite) and that the same power, truly both full and supreme, is also in the head united to the members, that is to say, in the pontiff united to the bishops.