Why the commemoration today?
According to the FSSP Ordo, at Mass this morning there was to be a commemoration of the votive Mass for the propagation of the faith under one conclusion. Did you all have the same thing? Anyone know why?
Don't really know what that is, but today, if I am not mistaken is a big anniversary in the FSSP, their founding, perhaps.
I don't know about the FSSP, but at our local ICKSP parish, we had an External Solemnity for the Feast of St. Margaret Mary. :nun: 

Do these local changes to the liturgical cycle require the approval of the local bishop, or does the head of the order or the Prior General of the Institute, for example, have a carte blanche within certain parameters?
We had it.  I don't have my Ordo handy to see if they said anything about it, but I suspect it was because it is World Mission Sunday.
(10-19-2014, 11:03 PM)OmniaInstaurareInChristo Wrote: We had it.  I don't have my Ordo handy to see if they said anything about it, but I suspect it was because it is World Mission Sunday.

World Mission Sunday? I've actually never heard of that. Is that an FSSP thing, or is the whole Church celebrating it?
It is the whole Church.  http://www.onefamilyinmission.org/societ...unday.html

I have both the FSSP and the SSPX Ordo.  Even the SSPX Ordo said to do the commemoration yesterday due to Mission Sunday.