My Confession
(11-05-2014, 08:23 PM)Pinkerton Wrote:   :O

Wow. Yeah, I always just assumed you were some disgruntled teenager who had been rejected by women too many times.

I'm entertained by the uncharitable assumptions about me lol

(11-05-2014, 12:37 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: .......

I'd so love to know what's in your wife's mind, and what she's expressed to you with regard to feminism and how she thinks men's lives are easier. Maybe it'd be good medicine for the men here to post about the reality of men's lives -- about how men have this HUGE burden of feeling financially responsible for their familes, how they fear getting fired or sick because of that, how men internalize their families' emotions such that they so often feel responsible if the wife or kids aren't happy, etc.  That first -- the responsibility men feel to "bring home the bacon" -- is something most married women really don't have a CLUE about. They really don't. I've found that most women (as do most men) lack the imagination to try to "get inside the heads" of people of the complementary sex.

Hmmm, ya know? I'm going to start a thread, in this sub-forum, about just that: what it's like to be a man and to feel all these burdens. Maybe printing it out and letting your wife find it lying on the kitchen table might help her to understand and have some compassion for you.

That makes 2 of us. When I asked, all I got was a "you wouldn't get it." Typical response when an irrational feeling is doing the talking IMO....
(11-05-2014, 09:09 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: I'm entertained by the uncharitable assumptions about me.

No offense intended - sorry! I'm glad my silly assumption was incorrect.  :grin:
(11-05-2014, 09:09 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: That makes 2 of us. When I asked, all I got was a "you wouldn't get it." Typical response when an irrational feeling is doing the talking IMO....
not necessarilycould be that she thinks you might shut down or dismiss her perspective
Chicks.  :eyeroll:

Seriously . . . it was good to see this post.