What It's Like To Be a Man
I think Chestertonian is kidding.  :LOL:
It's better not to have much to offer in the way of material goods at the start of a relationship. Marriages that are based on how much money the man makes generally don't last. If you don't have a good job, then now is the time to find the right girl because you'll know she loves you, not the money. That's the type of girl you want.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(11-06-2014, 01:36 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: It's better not to have much to offer in the way of material goods at the start of a relationship. Marriages that are based on how much money the man makes generally don't last. If you don't have a good job, then now is the time to find the right girl because you'll know she loves you, not the money. That's the type of girl you want.

You seem to be a woman, because you obviously have no idea how impossible that is.
I'm engaged to a beautiful, young traditional Catholic woman.

I'm currently unemployed, I don't have my own apartment or house, I have no savings, and I'm emigrating to another country in a couple of months.

Trust me, it's not impossible to find the perfect girl out there.  :grin:
(11-06-2014, 02:48 PM)Old_Sarum Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 01:36 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: It's better not to have much to offer in the way of material goods at the start of a relationship. Marriages that are based on how much money the man makes generally don't last. If you don't have a good job, then now is the time to find the right girl because you'll know she loves you, not the money. That's the type of girl you want.

You seem to be a woman, because you obviously have no idea how impossible that is.

I may have a better idea than you think. When my husband and I were married, he was waiting tables and working on his masters at university.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Jacafamala Wrote:I may have a better idea than you think. When my husband and I were married, he was waiting tables and working on his masters at university.
Had to play the long game, eh?  :LOL:
(11-06-2014, 08:19 PM)Old_Sarum Wrote:
Jacafamala Wrote:I may have a better idea than you think. When my husband and I were married, he was waiting tables and working on his masters at university.
Had to play the long game, eh?  :LOL:

You mean you're putting me through a head trip? Don't do that! It is a very wicked thing to do! Very wicked!!  :fish:

It is so, so easy for a woman to say something like this.  All she has to do is pay off Revlon and smile at guys now and then and she'll have a dozen marriage proposals.
(11-07-2014, 07:19 PM)dark lancer Wrote: It is so, so easy for a woman to say something like this.  All she has to do is pay off Revlon and smile at guys now and then and she'll have a dozen marriage proposals.

There are few truer words than these. Let's face it, cheerleaders only date the "lower class" of guys on stupidly unrealistic TV shows. I remember going to school with a brilliant guy who now designs video games for a living. He was more a tech junkie than me. Even the not so attractive girls used to rip on him and think they were too good for him. The bottom line is that if you are a guy you are a status object. We can dress the situation up any way you like but that's the fact of the matter.
(11-07-2014, 07:19 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

It is so, so easy for a woman to say something like this.  All she has to do is pay off Revlon and smile at guys now and then and she'll have a dozen marriage proposals.

then she gets to marry with the guy and put up with her in-laws.