What It's Like To Be a Man
(11-07-2014, 07:27 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 07:19 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 01:36 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: It's better not to have much to offer in the way of material goods at the start of a relationship. Marriages that are based on how much money the man makes generally don't last. If you don't have a good job, then now is the time to find the right girl because you'll know she loves you, not the money. That's the type of girl you want.

It is so, so easy for a woman to say something like this.  All she has to do is pay off Revlon and smile at guys now and then and she'll have a dozen marriage proposals.

then she gets to marry with the guy and put up with her in-laws.

Maybe she could try to be nice to them.  My parents are really kind people.
(11-07-2014, 07:37 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 07:27 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 07:19 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 01:36 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: It's better not to have much to offer in the way of material goods at the start of a relationship. Marriages that are based on how much money the man makes generally don't last. If you don't have a good job, then now is the time to find the right girl because you'll know she loves you, not the money. That's the type of girl you want.

It is so, so easy for a woman to say something like this.  All she has to do is pay off Revlon and smile at guys now and then and she'll have a dozen marriage proposals.

then she gets to marry with the guy and put up with her in-laws.

Maybe she could try to be nice to them.  My parents are really kind people.

My in-laws actually are/were nice, too. I lived with them for 10 years, so I know. Very nice, but liberals. My f-i-l passed away many years back now, God rest his soul.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Tangent.
(11-07-2014, 07:54 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Tangent.

Yes, but it's all your fault. You made me do it. I'll shut up now, sorry.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

I didn't make you do anything.
my in laws are insufferable they are horrible guiltmongererswho pay lip service to catholicism and do the exact opposite..  they are always trying to make me feel guilty for not eating their food and they think my wife made up my sons diabetes so we don't have to feed him their carb ecplosions

last time we were there for a holiday they fed him chocolates behind by back

he ended up in the picu..  il my wife made them come to see him one by one
(11-07-2014, 08:30 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: my in laws are insufferable they are horrible guiltmongererswho pay lip service to catholicism and do the exact opposite..  they are always trying to make me feel guilty for not eating their food and they think my wife made up my sons diabetes so we don't have to feed him their carb ecplosions

Sorry for that. It can be difficult. You really do marry the whole family in a way, you know?

(11-08-2014, 03:19 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 08:30 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: my in laws are insufferable they are horrible guiltmongererswho pay lip service to catholicism and do the exact opposite..  they are always trying to make me feel guilty for not eating their food and they think my wife made up my sons diabetes so we don't have to feed him their carb ecplosions

Sorry for that. It can be difficult. You really do marry the whole family in a way, you know?

That's my fear. If I can fool a Catholic girl into marrying my whole family I can pretty much do anything.
(11-08-2014, 03:40 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 03:19 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:

That's my fear. If I can fool a Catholic girl into marrying my whole family I can pretty much do anything.

It's an awful thing to be young that way and not knowing what God has for your life. Trust.  :) God bless!

My turn:

What pressures do you feel as a man (note, I mean as a man in particular, not just as a human being)?

Modern society's expectations that men MUST/NEED to constantly talk about sex, engage in sexual behavior, and have a significant other or die alone.

What sorts of responsibilities do you have that you think the women in your lives don't -- or that men have to a much greater degree than women do, generally speaking?

None that are significant. Most of the responsibilities are similar. If not, then they are usually the result of biological differences. (I'm "young". Perhaps this response might change in time)

What do you hate about being a man?

1) Knowing that I belong to a gender that is more responsible, than any other gender, in harming women, children, and other men.
2) Parenthood not being an innate quality. It explains much about men being more than willing to sleep around without having the fear of getting pregnant and less likely to be committed in relationships.
3) Having a shrinking Y-chromosome.

What do you think is unfair or unjust about being a man?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-socie...an-fix-it/

INTERNATIONAL CASTRATION DAY. Look it up.

What fears do you have that are rooted in the fact that you're a man?

An alpha male treating you the same way he treats women.
Kick to the balls

If I'm accused of a sex crime, people will automatically assume that it is true

What do you wish women knew about what it's like being a man?

Behind all this muscle and our sex organs, we're nothing.

What do the women in your life do that you wish they wouldn't do? (something that involves whatever sex roles your family's adopted, or things women do to try to help but doesn't work, or things women don't do but should be doing, etc.)

On the contrary, nearly everything they've done in my life has been very positive. My ability to empathize was strengthen by most of my female relatives.

Do you think women, in general, lack understanding about what it's like to be a man? If so, does the lack of understanding turn into a lack of compassion or respect?

They don't. Men are simple, generally speaking. Fear and frustration of men is what most women understand about them. I don't blame them for thinking like that. There is more to it than that since everyone has a complex personality, but women realize that despite progress in equality and recognition of a woman's dignity, it's still a "man's world".

What do you think needs to change in terms of the law and/or social attitudes when it comes to men?

Don't care.
Just don't get into situations that will destroy you for being a man.

Some of my answers may be perceived as being cold and cruel. Sorry about that.

@Papist: I can somewhat relate to you.