What It's Like To Be a Man
(11-08-2014, 09:32 PM)RedCaves Wrote: My turn:

What sorts of responsibilities do you have that you think the women in your lives don't -- or that men have to a much greater degree than women do, generally speaking?

None that are significant. Most of the responsibilities are similar. If not, then they are usually the result of biological differences. (I'm "young". Perhaps this response might change in time)

So you don't call having to pay a $250,000 fine, no financial aid for college, and no drivers license insignificant for not filling out a selective service reg card? Wow!

What do you hate about being a man?

(11-08-2014, 09:32 PM)RedCaves Wrote: 1) Knowing that I belong to a gender that is more responsible, than any other gender, in harming women, children, and other men.
2) Parenthood not being an innate quality. It explains much about men being more than willing to sleep around without having the fear of getting pregnant and less likely to be committed in relationships.
3) Having a shrinking Y-chromosome.

More women harm children than men (http://www.breakingthescience.org/Simpli...omDHHS.php). Check you stats before buying the ones sold by feminist groups. Women harm men in non-physical ways.

(11-08-2014, 09:32 PM)RedCaves Wrote: Behind all this muscle and our sex organs, we're nothing.

Speak for yourself pal!

(11-08-2014, 09:32 PM)RedCaves Wrote: They don't. Men are simple, generally speaking. Fear and frustration of men is what most women understand about them. I don't blame them for thinking like that. There is more to it than that since everyone has a complex personality, but women realize that despite progress in equality and recognition of a woman's dignity, it's still a "man's world".

I beg to differ and again speak for yourself.
Just muscles and sex organs

well im f'ed then

(11-05-2014, 03:15 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Yes, financial pressure is the main thing, I guess. And its really not just putting food on the table and all that, but its about maintaining a life style, for most women. And if the work pressure was not enough, if a guy can't do that for any reason—maybe he's just unlucky—then he is considered a bit of a loser and can even lose his family.
I think this is a deep perversion of marriage. I have no problem saying together with S. Paul that a man should give his life to his wife if just to make her more saintly. But he's not a money machine, and the wife is supposed to be the helper and not the god of the family (the same goes for kids): so she should share in the sacrifice. If things are tough she should not just leave marriage as if it were only a financial arrangement.

Besides that I think its quite pleasant to be a man. I'm not one for complaining. I wish women were more friendly and approachable, though. But that's probably a issue with me in particular.
Also, and this is not with all women but with plenty enough, I wish they would not insist in talking about issues and feelings all the time.

Agreed with your point...
What pressures do you feel as a man (note, I mean as a man in particular, not just as a human being)?

None.

What sorts of responsibilities do you have that you think the women in your lives don't -- or that men have to a much greater degree than women do, generally speaking?

A man's vocation is in the world, a woman's vocation is at home. A man thinks about the future, a woman thinks about the present. I know I'm generalizing here but a man, especially when he's young and virile, has a lot of aspiration for the future and needs the support from his wife. Men need support and admiration from women, without it we're prone to skip our daily rosary (all work and no play make prayer a dull joy) and make mistakes in the material world. Making money is difficult no matter how wealthy you are.

What do you hate about being a man?

Nothing. It's actually really amazing. If you discipline your reproductive appetites you can accomplish creative wonders. You can "feel" your body saturating with virility.

What do you think is unfair or unjust about being a man?

Nothing, I'm Catholic. What do I have to worry about, divorce court?

What fears do you have that are rooted in the fact that you're a man?

Catheters and being kicked in the loins.

What do you wish women knew about what it's like being a man?

If you punch a man you bruise his skin, if you start nagging your man you lacerate his bones. Women are called "helpmates" in Genesis for a reason, we need help. Behind every great man there is a great woman and if the woman is a nag then the husband will be an utter wretch. Men are pathetically dependent on their wife for happiness.

Do you think women, in general, lack understanding about what it's like to be a man? If so, does the lack of understanding turn into a lack of compassion or respect?

It depends on the culture and circumstance. Women in Western Society tend to overcomplicated things, you get magazines with articles like "37 ways to please your man - Written by: A Woman". There's only three things a man needs: 1. Stop talking so much 2. Make him a sandwich and 3. Make love to him.

What do you think needs to change in terms of the law and/or social attitudes when it comes to men?

Secular men are effeminate and aren't virile in all aspects of life; they don't make babies, they can't work with their hands, they memorize facts instead of utilizing their creative intelligence, and their spiritual lives are non-existent. We need a society were men can have access to capital and be a master of his trade, in a capitalist/communist society a few group of people control all the agriculture and the masses are unskilled workers working in a factory or pushing pencils in an office. We need more Catholic societies with localized and self sufficient economies where bookshelves are a work of art and not some China-made factory crap. The economy we live in is infertile therefore many men are nothing more than eunuchs who can't exercise the male creative force. Russian men in the 80's were uninspiring to say the least, Lenin and Stalin wanted to make Russia into a giant factory and they completely dehumanized the men - they stole their mojo. There's a reason why Catholic societies are known for their art and beauty, it's because the Catholic economic system of values is virile/fertile. A skilled tradesman is an artist, a factory worker is a robot.
I am lonely and no girl liked me ever.  :'(( This destroyed my self esteem. If I was a girl at least someone would have confessed that he liked me. Even if I did not feel the same, I would know someone liked me. But now after being rejected every time, I developed depression and anxiety. I am not manly enough and too passive. No girl wants you when you are the passive part, because girls are the passive ones. I really hate being a man! I am sure, if I was a girl I wouldn't be alone anymore, because I am good at being the more passive part, because I can response very well. In all my friendships, the other person made the initial effort, but in the dating world this is impossible for man to find someone this way, or at least for me.

Sorry for my English, I am not native.
(01-13-2015, 04:59 PM)Cherubin7th Wrote: I am lonely and no girl liked me ever.  :'(( This destroyed my self esteem. If I was a girl at least someone would have confessed that he liked me. Even if I did not feel the same, I would know someone liked me. But now after being rejected every time, I developed depression and anxiety. I am not manly enough and too passive. No girl wants you when you are the passive part, because girls are the passive ones. I really hate being a man! I am sure, if I was a girl I wouldn't be alone anymore, because I am good at being the more passive part, because I can response very well. In all my friendships, the other person made the initial effort, but in the dating world this is impossible for man to find someone this way, or at least for me.

Sorry for my English, I am not native.

Honestly dude, don't worry about it. Most women aren't worth the effort these days. Feminism makes them very unattractive. Perhaps what keeps you back is not passivity, but a 6th sense that avoids you heartache. You are better off without a woman and with God than with a feminist that puts her feminist ego first. I'm quite certain that if a truly God-fearing woman came along you'd do just fine.
ds80, you come across as a bitter and twisted misogynist who implies that a "God-fearing" woman is a spiritless doormat who's purpose is to pamper your whims.

Been studying in the school of +Richard Williamson, perhaps?
(01-15-2015, 07:35 AM)Oldavid Wrote: ds80, you come across as a bitter and twisted misogynist who implies that a "God-fearing" woman is a spiritless doormat who's purpose is to pamper your whims.

Wrong on all accounts. I'm just tired of seeing guys beat themselves up over women that put their sense of entitlement and ego above the dignity of another human being.
(01-15-2015, 08:25 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 07:35 AM)Oldavid Wrote: ds80, you come across as a bitter and twisted misogynist who implies that a "God-fearing" woman is a spiritless doormat who's purpose is to pamper your whims.

Wrong on all accounts. I'm just tired of seeing guys beat themselves up over women that put their sense of entitlement and ego above the dignity of another human being.

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Anita Sarkeesian and her cause?
(01-16-2015, 04:42 PM)RedCaves Wrote: Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Anita Sarkeesian and her cause?

Honestly, I'm not much of a video game guy and she identifies as a feminist so that's a non-starter with me in the first place. Maybe instead of getting on the case of the gamers she should take a closer look as to why there is such a deep depravity in "video game culture."

Case in point: I went to HS with a kid that lived, breathed, and ate video games. He is now a programmer. When I was in middle school with him he was a quiet but friendly guy. By the end of HS he didn't talk to anyone except me on occasion and would speak quite maliciously about women. Last I saw on Facebook he wasn't married and I'm not surprised. The girls we went to HS with were so darn nasty to him and would joke about the "size of his member" that I think he just plain old snapped. These guys didn't sour on women just because. For many of them, they had to endure typical HS female banter on top of the feminist influence in education and they snapped.

Ms. Sarkeesian is now profiting off of kicking these guys while they are down when its her and an influential group of femalekind put them down in the first place. It's like breaking all 4 legs of a lion, sticking your head in its mouth, and then getting indignant that you got bit. I think its rather sad that women can't see how they are often responsible for creating the monsters they fear. No, these guys should NOT be threatening or objectifying women, but women aren't exactly innocent in all this either though, like Ms. Sarkeesian, many pretend to be. Creating a Kickstarter campaign to smear gaming men is just adding more fuel to the fire instead of working with them to get their side of the story.

I learned quickly in HS that girls would use their sexual nature to manipulate a guy into doing something for them. It was ironic how many girls wanted to "be friends" when there was an assignment they wanted done, but when it came to be chill they were "always busy." Once I caught on and stopped helping altogether they just moved on to find some other poor clueless dude to exploit. That was my first lesson in the darkside of femininity and it served me well. Fortunately I had other interests that were more fulfilling that the company of woman so I didn't need to find refuge in the gaming community.