Bergoglio's List
The worst part about Catholic Culture is that Dr. Mirus and his staff seem to think they have the authority to judge what is an authentically Catholic website and what's not. It's as pompous as it gets. Apparently "Catholic Culture" is an arm of the CDF.
Now I'm curious. Never really read them apart from maybe links on Fb but heading over to CC at once to have a look... The SPLC list of dangerous groups, catholic and otherwise, was a wonderful resource. All kinds of traditional groups, critics of islam etc..
3. Cardinal Mueller has been conciliate to the SSPX not pope Francis. Pope Francis has said nothing about the SSPX.

Do you think that Cardinal Mueller could be conciliatory with the SSPX without Pope Francis' permission?
4. Pope Francis ' guy has said that the faithful that attend SSPX masses are excommunicated.

Pope Francis has not been saying that. Individual bishops have been saying that. However the Vatican has been supportive of those individual bishops.
2. At best there is a suspicious series of coincidences that seem to be leaving anybody that speaks out against the current pontificate in dire straits, it's the sign of the times.

Can anybody tell me an administration where it's subordinates are able to speak against and get away with it for too long?
(11-11-2014, 09:41 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: The worst part about Catholic Culture is that Dr. Mirus and his staff seem to think they have the authority to judge what is an authentically Catholic website and what's not. It's as pompous as it gets. Apparently "Catholic Culture" is an arm of the CDF.

The only authority that can judge any of the forums would be the Pope and/or any of the bishops assigned by him to make just such an assesment..
Actually the original intention of this thread wasn't to complain or applaud Pope francis' administration. It was to point out that Pope Francis when he was a Jesuit superior put his life on the line to help those who were trying to escape from the dictature during that time in Argentina's history.
(11-12-2014, 05:29 AM)Poche Wrote: 3. Cardinal Mueller has been conciliate to the SSPX not pope Francis. Pope Francis has said nothing about the SSPX.

Do you think that Cardinal Mueller could be conciliatory with the SSPX without Pope Francis' permission?

Yes,
Cardinal mueller has reached out to the SSPX and one of Pope Frncis'' Cdls in his group of 9 issued the letter that said people who attend SSPX masses are excommunicated. Read the two links I put in this thread.

So two men very close to Pope Francis are presenting two diametrically opposed positions on the SSPX. So based on that what does  Pope Frncis think? Who knows, but the fact that two men close to him appear to battling publically is not healthy foe the church or the faithful.
(11-12-2014, 05:31 AM)Poche Wrote: 4. Pope Francis ' guy has said that the faithful that attend SSPX masses are excommunicated.

Pope Francis has not been saying that. Individual bishops have been saying that. However the Vatican has been supportive of those individual bishops.

Supportive of which bishops? See my previous post, two of Pope Francis guys are public ally presenting different opinions and pope Frncis says nothing, which is exactly what happened at the synod.

What the hell is Pope Frncis doing? Bishops and cardinals are battling publically and he saying and doing nothing publically. All we know is the trade, see my original response to your article are getting put out to pasture.
(11-12-2014, 05:40 AM)Poche Wrote: Actually the original intention of this thread wasn't to complain or applaud Pope francis' administration. It was to point out that Pope Francis when he was a Jesuit superior put his life on the line to help those who were trying to escape from the dictature during that time in Argentina's history.

Understood, but pope Francis history is not as clear cut as the original article presents.

Pope francis came out at world youth day at told the youth to make a mess. Pope Francis is making a mess of the church. There are other articles that describe pope Francis, historically, as a duplicitous leader that pits people against each other. That description appears to be more appropriate.

I never posted the aforementioned articles because, believe it or not, I don't want to trash the pope.