Chaplets
The Rosary always comes first, but there are so many other beautiful chaplets out there: Saint's Chaplets, Our Lord's Chaplets, Angel's Chaplets, and Our Lady's Chaplets! So I'm onto these lately. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I've just started praying the Chaplet if St. Michael. That got me curious to learn about other chaplets that are out there. All of the sudden, there are so many that I want to learn more about. Many come with pretty lofty spiritual promises to those who pray. Do you pray any chaplet, or have devotion to any chaplet?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I pray the Seven Dolors Chaplet on occasion and love it.  There is a little book you can get, pocket sized, called My Favorite Catholic Chaplets http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Catholic-...B0080SDFQK. It's got a lot of different ones for you to try, some of which can be said on a regular Rosary.
Chaplet to the Infant Of Prague. I truly trust in that one. Thank you for the link FB.
I know some trads don't like it, but I like The Divine Mercy Chaplet. I had something happen once that has made me a believer. My mom and I had just come home from visiting a lady named Chris who was in hospice. Chris was a nominal protestant. She had been hanging on for weeks, unconscious and it was clear that every breath was so difficult and painful. I think she may have been afraid to die. I prayed the chaplet with my husband and kids, then shortly after we finished, we received a phone call from my sister saying that Chris had just died. I believe it was the Chaplet that helped her somehow and that Our Lord provided her with the graces she needed to cross over into the next life because of it. It's powerful chaplet when prayed for the dying!
http://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/de...haplet.php
[Image: chapletbeads.jpg]

1. Make the Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

2. Optional Opening Prayers
You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

(Repeat three times)
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

3. Our Father
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

4. Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

5. The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

6. The Eternal Father
Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

7. On the Ten Small Beads of Each Decade
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

8. Repeat for the remaining decades
Saying the "Eternal Father" (6) on the "Our Father" bead and then 10 "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion" (7) on the following "Hail Mary" beads.

9. Conclude with Holy God (Repeat three times)
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

10. Optional Closing Prayer
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is very powerful. I have an Eastern Rite priest friend who swore that it won graces of conversion for those near death. He is such a firm believer in it that he wrote up pamphlets to pass out showing others how to pray it specifically for that purpose.

Father Ripperger, in one of his exorcism talks, mentioned that the Chaplet of Divine Mercy was powerful in fighting against demonic oppression.

I have used the Chaplet during a clear demonic manifestation and it seemed to help immensely in driving it out. While I don't pray it much these days, preferring the Jesus Prayer and the Rosary, I'd never go so far as to denigrate it.

The Seven Dolors Chaplet is also exceptionally powerful and the few times I've had a demonic attack against me  was, I'm convinced, a direct result of my praying for certain people using that Chaplet. A priest friend I know told me that indeed Satan was trying to scare me into not using that Chaplet, as it is powerful.

The Chaplets are very excellent weapons in our spiritual arsenal. I'm sure that there is at least one that every Catholic can come to love.
It is true that Satan hates so strong faith. I was praying the Chaplet of the Infant of Prague. and I heard this gutteral SHUT UP while U prayed it. I too have been attacked. Usually at night when my prayer life is strongest.
On Fridays I try to pray the chaplet of the seven sorrows. And I also like to pray the chaplet of St Michael.
My wife gave me a chaplet of st Joseph for father's day i have been praying that
(11-11-2014, 02:20 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: My wife gave me a chaplet of st Joseph for father's day i have been praying that

That's excellent; I want to start praying that one for my husband!  :)
(11-10-2014, 01:37 PM)Tantum Ergo Sacramentum Wrote: It is true that Satan hates so strong faith. I was praying the Chaplet of the Infant of Prague. and I heard this gutteral SHUT UP while U prayed it. I too have been attacked. Usually at night when my prayer life is strongest.

OMgosh, I'd be scared out of my witts!

I'll tell you a funny story; this really happened to me. It was very early in the morning and I was in a tiny chapel. The nuns were singing the Mass. I heard these growling sounds.  :O  I was just like, omgosh! What is that unearthly sound? It turned out that the nuns had a pet dog, and the dog started in during the Mass. I guess it wanted attention or to be let out or something. But I tell you, for the first minute or so it sounded just like the devil himself, and yes, it freaked me out some. As the whining progressed I could tell it was just a dog.  :LOL: