Fr Michael Rodriguez
I've never met Fr Ridruguez but have seen his sermons on YouTube and listened online. For him not to be able to perform public ministry for six months is a big loss for us, as well as him.
I've met Fr. Rodriguez and attended his Mass a few times in El Paso. His Bishop sent him to the boonies for standing up for the true meaning of marriage, coupled with his fight for Tradition makes for a bad tasting formula for modernists...so out he went. He 'allegedly' misused parish funds, but that was to make the Church more traditional....anyway.
A good portion of the faithful from his church are going to SSPX now since they took away the true Mass by banishing Fr R.

El Paso has a new bishop now but of course he is not friendly to tradition. It seems that sending him out to the desert wasn't enough. Makes me wonder what his bishop is doing or intending to do about him.
I believe the FSSP is in El Paso now, but the Novus Ordo mass is being offered at that church in addition to the TLM.
Love this story:  http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/201...in-mexico/

Quote from Villager:  “We are going to kidnap THIS priest and keep him here so that he will give us THIS mass.”
My wife and I met Fr. Michael on the Chartres pilgrimage in 2012. Saw him offer the most reverent Mass at San Sulpice in Paris. I'll never forget it. Got to pick his brain for 12 days about everything from running vs walking, his family, his summer schooling at MIT. He ran in a couple Boston marathons. Then his calling to the priesthood. He and Fr. Angelo van der Putten were the chaplains on the pilgrimage. These priests were the real deal. Fr. Angelo (FSSP) is in Nigeria as a mission priest. My most favorite memory of Fr. Michael was on the flight back, when I woke from sleeping in the middle of the night, when mostly everybody was sleeping, and I glanced across the isle at him and with the nite lite on he was writing in his notebook.  I watched him a few minutes and he was intense in his writing. I wonder if he was writing the "Enemy Within"
(11-13-2014, 09:32 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: My wife and I met Fr. Michael on the Chartres pilgrimage in 2012. Saw him offer the most reverent Mass at San Sulpice in Paris. I'll never forget it. Got to pick his brain for 12 days about everything from running vs walking, his family, his summer schooling at MIT. He ran in a couple Boston marathons. Then his calling to the priesthood. He and Fr. Angelo van der Putten were the chaplains on the pilgrimage. These priests were the real deal. Fr. Angelo (FSSP) is in Nigeria as a mission priest. My most favorite memory of Fr. Michael was on the flight back, when I woke from sleeping in the middle of the night, when mostly everybody was sleeping, and I glanced across the isle at him and with the nite lite on he was writing in his notebook.  I watched him a few minutes and he was intense in his writing. I wonder if he was writing the "Enemy Within"

Ha.  That's funny, the image you described of Fr. Rodriguez writing in his notebook.  I sat across the aisle from him at the Angelus Conference.  Throughout all the talks, he was constantly taking notes in his notebook.

I will throw out this suggestion--Fr. Rodriguez may be considering joining the Society of St. Pius X (I pray he does).