Low Carb Diet
B: piece of bacon, hard-boiled egg

L: spinach salad with chicken breast, walnuts, fresh parmesan, and blue cheese dressing.  Chunk of parmesan.  Diet poweraide.

D: salmon belly fried skin-side down (to make crispy) in olive oil, stir-fried oyster mushrooms, mayo seasoned with s/p, cup of green tea.

Re-read a couple chapters in Atkins for Life on adding back carbs in the "ongoing weight loss" phase I plan to go into next month.  Looking forward to adding more veggies, nuts, cheese, berries, and occasional wine. 
B: cocoa/coconut oil smoothie

L: macadamia nuts, chunk of parmesan cheese, Orange-flavored La Croix soda

D: buffalo wings, blue cheese dressing, romaine salad/ranch, piece of dark chocolate

Not bad for an Ember day.  8 days til Christmas!
B: hard-boiled egg, cocoa/flax smoothie

L: a few samples from Wholefoods deli:  tofu, grilled veggies, artichokes, parmesan

D: pork belly/spinach fried in coconut oil, Brie cheese dipped in olive oil, piece of dark chocolate

Rounding third base heading for the home plate (ie Christmas goal weight of 100 pounds total lost)!  Just a couple more pounds.  Starting to slowly add back carbs.  Bought walnuts, brie, monterey jack cheese, heavy cream to make whipped cream, berries, dark chocolate.  Eating less meat and more fish.  Salmon belly, mackerel, sardines, and some pork belly in the freezer.  Contemplating a traditional Catholic Christmas eve with fish, maybe the Italian seven fish courses tradition.  http://www.fisheaters.com/customschristmas2.html
B: 3 glasses of water, chunk of monterey jack cheese

L: 2 slices of pork belly/spinach fried in olive oil, mayo and spinach seasoned with s/p, lemon juice

D: large avocado diced and fried in coconut oil (mmm), blackberries with homemade whipping cream, a few walnuts, piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate

Sliding into home plate!  Smile
B:  omelete: 2 eggs fried in 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 cups of spinach sauteed in 1 tablespoon of butter.  2 pieces of baked bacon.

L:  1/4 cup of pecans dipped in hot chili sauce.

D: (later)  chicken curry, heaps of bok choy in garlic sauce, bone mineral soup

Total 100 pounds lost as of Christmas Day!  Took a few days carb holiday eating cookies, pie, etc.  Hadn't eaten high carb since October.  They tasted nice but not a lot of flavor.  My physical and mental energy went way down, got a cold first time in a year, and allergies.  Every few months I've gone off the wagon;  this is the first time I don't feel like I really need to ever take a break from low carb.  The desire for sugary/starchy junk food is just not there anymore.  I've got 20 pounds more to lose before I reach my practical goal weight (the weight I'd be comfortable with, even though I plan to keep going down to my ideal weight).  Aiming to fit into some 36 inch shorts I loved to wear back in college (I'm wearing 40 inch pants now).  Planning on detoxifying soon--periods of 3 days doing pure juice fasts (from low carb veggies),  heavy sweating with exercise,  detoxifying veggies.  Plan to add more exercise.  Happy New Year!
B: cocoa/coconut oi/flax meal smoothie

L: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 bratwurst, sweet chili sauce, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 3 tablespoons butter.  Smoothie: kale, spinach, garlic clove, lemon juice, flax meal, strawberries

D: 1 chicken thigh sauteed in olive oil, 2 tablespoons mayo seasoned with basil

I'm not weighing myself, but I can tell I am losing more weight,pants getting looser, back full swing into ketosis (the burning of fat for fuel instead of carbs) after the holidays.  Mental and physical energy is high.  This week I am preparing for a 3 day juice fast this weekend to detoxify my body.  Using the Nutri-bullet my wife got for Christmas to make low carb veggie smoothies.  Taking one hour walks to work up a strong enough sweat to help get rid of toxins.  Taking advantage of a free 7 day pass at a local health club to use their sauna for more sweating before the weekend fast.  Already feeling a lot more energy.
B: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 bratwurst

L: 3 slices of deli chicken, 2 slices of deli monterey jack cheese, diet Poweraide

D: 1 chicken thigh fried in olive oil with capers, 1 cup of broccoli stir-fried in olive oil, 3 tablespoons of melted butter

Feeling great today.  As part of detox plan, I used the sauna at the YMCA where I got a free 7 day pass.  15 minutes in a dry sauna worked up a heavy sweat, followed by a 15 minute cool down--three rounds of this and I felt invigorated for the rest of the day.  I plan to go again before doing a 3 day juice fast this weekend.
(01-07-2015, 12:58 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: B: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 bratwurst

L: 3 slices of deli chicken, 2 slices of deli monterey jack cheese, diet Poweraide

D: 1 chicken thigh fried in olive oil with capers, 1 cup of broccoli stir-fried in olive oil, 3 tablespoons of melted butter

Feeling great today.  As part of detox plan, I used the sauna at the YMCA where I got a free 7 day pass.  15 minutes in a dry sauna worked up a heavy sweat, followed by a 15 minute cool down--three rounds of this and I felt invigorated for the rest of the day.  I plan to go again before doing a 3 day juice fast this weekend.

You're a real glutton for punishment, aren't you? Grin Grin LOL
Addendum to above post:
For over 40 years I've been involved in "alternative" medicine--homeopathy (btw, there is *no such thing* as a "homeopathic" detox plan, program, or remedy and to suggest such only betrays one's almost complete ignorance of homeopathy as a medical therapeutic modality), massage and physical therapy, supplements and nutrition.  Throughout that time I've been suspicious of so-called detox plans, even though I tried a few along the way many years ago.  Each time I came away with the conclusion that there was at best no net "gain".  As always the saying "caveat emptor" should be well heeded.  Just as there are abuses, greed, ego, and misinformation in traditional western medicine, so too are there in "alternative" medicine.  Quackery is most definitely NOT limited to just one or the other.  Where there's a buck to be made you can bet someone will come along and make it regardless of who's back they're making it off of--usually off the back of someone who is needy, hurting, sick, desperate, naive, and ignorant.  I saw that abundantly in the field of nutritional "supplements".  Don't get me wrong though, not all supplements are useless or dangerous or a waste of one's $$--they're not!

Anyway, I'll step down from my soapbox and offer you THIS article to read about detoxing.  Perhaps it will spur in you an interest and desire to do more of your own research and/or experimentation if you haven't already done so.
(01-07-2015, 02:44 PM)J Michael Wrote: Addendum to above post:
For over 40 years I've been involved in "alternative" medicine--homeopathy (btw, there is *no such thing* as a "homeopathic" detox plan, program, or remedy and to suggest such only betrays one's almost complete ignorance of homeopathy as a medical therapeutic modality), massage and physical therapy, supplements and nutrition.  Throughout that time I've been suspicious of so-called detox plans, even though I tried a few along the way many years ago.  Each time I came away with the conclusion that there was at best no net "gain".  As always the saying "caveat emptor" should be well heeded.  Just as there are abuses, greed, ego, and misinformation in traditional western medicine, so too are there in "alternative" medicine.  Quackery is most definitely NOT limited to just one or the other.  Where there's a buck to be made you can bet someone will come along and make it regardless of who's back they're making it off of--usually off the back of someone who is needy, hurting, sick, desperate, naive, and ignorant.  I saw that abundantly in the field of nutritional "supplements".  Don't get me wrong though, not all supplements are useless or dangerous or a waste of one's $$--they're not!

Anyway, I'll step down from my soapbox and offer you THIS article to read about detoxing.  Perhaps it will spur in you an interest and desire to do more of your own research and/or experimentation if you haven't already done so.

Thank you for the link and words of caution.