Low Carb Diet
B: water

L: 2 pieces of tilapia fried in coconut oil, homemade guacamole, spinach-kale-flax meal smoothie

D: (later) 1 chicken thigh fried in butter, sauteed kale

First time making guacamole.  Didn't follow a recipe but it turned it very nice.  1 medium avocado, 1 garlic clove, 1 tbs lemon juice, 2 tablespoons sour cream. 
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile 

Low Carb n Lovin' It!
B: 2 pieces of bacon, 1 hard boiled egg, strawberry/cream cheese smoothie

L: adobo chicken leg, adobo hard boiled egg, 2 mozzarella string cheese snacks, sugar-free chocolate pecan cluster

D: coconut-breaded chicken breast strips,  sweet chili sauce mayo

Last week detoxifying went well.  2 intense, sweat-producing walks, 2 saunas.  The 3 day juice fast was not easy.  I got quite hungry, but it was good for my soul.  I noticed an increase in energy and mental clarity during and after the detox.  I lost a good amount of weight last week, but leveled off this week, probably from eating more than I am used to.  I can now fit into the 38 inch shorts from college!  It just needs a button.  Probably popped off years ago with my expanding waist line.  Smile

Low Carb and Lovin' It!
B:  2 scrambled eggs,  sweet chili sauce,  half a bratwurst,  2 avocados fried in butter,  chocolate-flax meal smoothie

L:  diet Coke, a few olives, chunk of 85% cocoa dark chocolate

D:  fried pork chop,  mayo seasoned with s/p,  pork rind nachos

I've been adding more avocados to my diet since they are so good for you and very high in healthy fat.  Guacamole, avocado smoothies (mmm), fried avocado, etc. Contemplating experimenting with one of these recipes:  https://www.pinterest.com/explore/chocol...o-pudding/    Feeling high level of physical and mental energy.  Went down a notch on my new belt.  Deo gracias. 

Low Carb n' Lovin It!

B:  strawberry/cream cheese/flax meal smoothie

L:  pork chop, homemade guacamole (used 2 avocados), salad with romaine, shredded cheddar cheese, and lots of ranch

D:  pork chop topped with 2 tablespoons melted butter, mayo seasoned with s/p/garlic powder,  piece of dark chocolate

I haven't had pork chops in a long time.  They are inexpensive at Aldis where we mainly shop for groceries.  Very high in healthy fat!  And the dogs love the bones!

B:  eggs n bacon

L:  Chinese buffet:  meat, meat, and more meat, plus a salad.

D: strawberry/cream cheese/flax meal smoothie

The wife and I had to drive a couple hours to Oklahoma City today, so we had lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant in OKC's Asian district.  Later we shopped at the large Asian market where I stocked up on seaweed chips (zero net carbs).  Downed one too many diet Cokes while enjoying the rolling scenery of central Oklahoma. 
Why the diet Coke?  Or, for that matter, any "diet" soda??  Did you know that the artificial sweeteners are far worse for you than sugar?  And, for that matter again, why any "soda" at all?  If you like fizzy drinks you might consider seltzer water (plain or they come in flavors) with a tiny bit of pure fruit juice added.  That's my #1 non-alcoholic drink of choice.  Second on the list is just plain ol' (filtered) water.  Either of those is far, far, FARRRRRRRRRRR better for you than soda, especially "diet" soda.
(01-22-2015, 02:23 PM)J Michael Wrote: Why the diet Coke?  Or, for that matter, any "diet" soda??  Did you know that the artificial sweeteners are far worse for you than sugar?  And, for that matter again, why any "soda" at all?  If you like fizzy drinks you might consider seltzer water (plain or they come in flavors) with a tiny bit of pure fruit juice added.  That's my #1 non-alcoholic drink of choice.  Second on the list is just plain ol' (filtered) water.  Either of those is far, far, FARRRRRRRRRRR better for you than soda, especially "diet" soda.

Ok, you are coming across like a jack ass know-it-all.    You've responded several times to my posts, just about each time with snarky, presumptuous preaching against my diet choices.  And still I was nice to you and supportive of your diet.  Do I need to post each of your posts?  Give it a rest already.  I've lost over 100 pounds eating low carb.  You couldn't last a few weeks on your McDougal diet.  You really come across like the man in your avatar. Walk the talk or shut up. 
B:  2 eggs over easy, 3 ounces of ham with mustard

L:  Bag of pork rinds and DIET COKE (mmm)

D:  2 Filipino-style adobo chicken legs (made with a large amount of my wife's TLC), piece of coconut white chocolate, tablespoon of peanut butter.

mmmmmmmmmm  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 02:23 PM)J Michael Wrote: Why the diet Coke?  Or, for that matter, any "diet" soda??  Did you know that the artificial sweeteners are far worse for you than sugar?  And, for that matter again, why any "soda" at all?  If you like fizzy drinks you might consider seltzer water (plain or they come in flavors) with a tiny bit of pure fruit juice added.  That's my #1 non-alcoholic drink of choice.  Second on the list is just plain ol' (filtered) water.  Either of those is far, far, FARRRRRRRRRRR better for you than soda, especially "diet" soda.

Ok, you are coming across like a jack ass know-it-all.

Wow!  If I've offended you, please forgive me.

"a jack ass..."?  Yup, mea culpa. 

"a...know-it all."?  Hardly.  I know a few things, some of which have to do with diet and nutrition, medicine, homeopathy, naturopathy, physical therapy, and a few other related things.  Most things I do not know. 

(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote:   You've responded several times to my posts, just about each time with snarky, presumptuous preaching against my diet choices. 

My style of writing sometimes, for better or worse, can come across, for some, as "snark".  Sometimes I mean it that way, but mostly I don't.  

Because I *do* know a couple of things that seemed counter-intuitive with your attempt to lose weight and lead a healthy life-style, it occurred to me to point them out.  Not as criticism of your choices but simply as warnings about a few things that might not be good for you or could involve wasting some of your time and money.  This *is* a discussion forum, is it not?  Am I not allowed to comment, even perhaps critically, of some things you write?  Or is this thread christulsa123's personal bragging blog about his low carb diet?

(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: And still I was nice to you and supportive of your diet.  Do I need to post each of your posts? 

I never asked for your (or anybody's support for my "diet"), but thanks anyway.

As I count 'em I've posted, including this post, 5 times in this thread.  The first post was in agreement with what Olddavid wrote.  Neither his post nor my reply was necessarily negative about YOU or YOUR choices--just indicative that we would choose differently . 

The second post, about your detox plans, was meant as a joke.  Did you see the emoticons?  Can you take a joke?

The third post was meant as a friendly "heads up" about the myth of detox plans.  It wasn't a shot at YOU.  You even thanked me for the link and the words of caution. 

The fourth post was about your choice of diet sodas--again a word of warning, especially given the incongruity of consciously consuming poison while at the same time attempting to lose weight and get healthy.  Or, does getting healthy only mean to you losing weight (because one can be "over weight" and in great health, or just the "right" weight and totally unhealthy)?  I'll refrain from any further words of caution, all of which were only meant as a friendly gesture in spite of any perceived "snark" in the way I presented them. 

(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: Give it a rest already.  I've lost over 100 pounds eating low carb.

Don't worry, I'll refrain from commenting in this thread again. 

I'm happy for you that you've lost over 100 pounds eating low carb.  I'd be happy for you had you lost that eating any other way there is to eat as well. 

(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: You couldn't last a few weeks on your McDougal diet. 

What is this, some kind of contest?  I didn't realize I'd signed up to compete with you or anyone else.  By the way, I achieved pretty much what I set out to when my wife and I started the McDougall plan.  I've lost some weight, I'm back to eating a decent diet again sans all the processed crap (though I admit to cheating here and there with some corn chips  Shocked Grin), and I'm pretty much satisfied with where I'm at with my health and diet.  I didn't NEED to last more than a few weeks.  The McDougall plan acted as the catalyst we needed and that was that.  We don't need to be fundamentalist evangelical fanatics about it or about adhering to it precisely as laid out in his book.  That ain't how we "roll".

(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: You really come across like the man in your avatar.

Hey, I AM the man in my avatar! Sticking tongue out at you  Well, I have a few more teeth than he does, but... LOL

(01-23-2015, 01:04 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: Walk the talk or shut up.

Now...just which "talk" am I supposed to, by your reckoning, be walking, anyway?  I don't drink soda, except for maybe 2-3 12oz  cans per year, and NEVER "diet" soda.  Nor do I embark on frivolous "detox" plans that at best do nothing substantial and at worst can be quite harmful.  So, brother Chris, I AM walking the talk.

Again, I'm sorry if I've offended you.  By the same token, perhaps you could learn to take offense a little less easily.

LOL
I am completely vindicated! Low carb diets don't only wreak havoc physically; but also psychologically by turning a normally placid, rotund or corpulent bod into a belligerent out for a fight.

I do agree, though, that artificial sweeteners (particularly aspartame) is a particularly nasty slow acting poison causing psychoses by degrees at least.