frequent attacks of tempation (mostly impure thoughts)
I went to confession yesterday and almost as soon as I got out to do my penance I felt greatly tempted with various impure thoughts that seemed to come out of nowhere. Yesterday the attacks were much more frequent during at least half an hour after I had gone to Confession. I would look at several women walk past the Church (most of them were not that attractive to begin with) but almost as soon as this happened, these impure thoughts would come by. I am pretty sure that I did not want these thoughts and thus that I did not consent to them (or at least full consent) as a matter of fact I was greatly disturbed by such images. The problem is that I suffer from scrupulosity, and because of this whenever any type of impure thoughts happen, I feel that I consented to it, even though deep down I know I did not want these thoughts, as bad as they may have been. I was also waiting for Mass to start and I struggled to receive Holy Communion but I decided to do so even though I felt great scruples in doing so.

Then today I went to Sunday Mass and I was doing very good the whole time. It was right before it was time to go line up for Holy Communion that I got some attacks of impure thoughts again. I decided to receive Holy Communion during this Mass as well. I had talked to a priest in confession that I often get attacked by these impure thoughts during Mass and especially before receiving Holy Communion and he advised me to go on with receiving Holy Communion.

I am really trying to lead a Holy life and continue with my discernment process but lately I have been having these frequent temptation and attacks. I try to listen to the advice that the priest gave me in Confession regarding receiving Holy Communion but once again because of my scrupulosity I find that these attacks regarding impure thoughts makes it hard for me.
Others here will have much better advice than me. I would suggest a couple things, though. When you are experiencing these impure thoughts, have you asked the Blessed Mother's intercession? Have you discussed this with those assisting you in discernment? Perhaps this is in part an attempt to block your discerning. Either way, I will keep you in my prayers.
I feel where you're coming from! I'd like to see the advice others have, too.

To  begin with I have to warmly congratulate  you for being a man and feeling attraction towards women.  You are an endangered species.  Then, how dirty are your thoughts towards females? Do you experience an uncontrollable desire to possess one of them to quench your insatiable libido,  or they are just feelings of admiration and thankfulness to Our Lord for creating so much beauty?
Admiration of beauty is obviously not even a venial sin
Admiring the beauty of a woman in particular is also quite natural.  Otherwise there would not be the sacrament of marriage.  Marriage implies a man desiring a woman and vice versa.  No desire, no passion, no libido?  Then there would not be marriage or children.
Moreover, God created libido – remember His words to Adam and Eve.

(11-17-2014, 05:07 PM)voltape Wrote: To  begin with I have to warmly congratulate  you for being a man and feeling attraction towards women.  You are an endangered species.  Then, how dirty are your thoughts towards females? Do you experience an uncontrollable desire to possess one of them to quench your insatiable libido,  or they are just feelings of admiration and thankfulness to Our Lord for creating so much beauty?
Admiration of beauty is obviously not even a venial sin
Admiring the beauty of a woman in particular is also quite natural.  Otherwise there would not be the sacrament of marriage.  Marriage implies a man desiring a woman and vice versa.  No desire, no passion, no libido?  Then there would not be marriage or children.
Moreover, God created libido – remember His words to Adam and Eve.

Why in the world would you congratulate someone for that? It's not an accomplishment.
Simple advice: Pray five decades of the rosary everyday and wear the scapula.

One of the best advices I got was to start and end each day, as the first and last thing, by saying the Three Hail Mary's on my knees, a devotion to the purity of Mary, where you three times pray a Hail Mary followed with "By thy immaculate conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy. My Mother, preserve me this day from mortal sin." One of the signal graces promised is to be released from the sin of impurity if it is said faithfully. And while it didn't make me chaste instantly, faithful devotion to it was of great help.

I won't give you advice on the morality of impure thoughts, and whether or not they should prevent you from going to mass, except that it sounds very involuntary (and you're suffering because of it). Find a good spiritual advisor you can talk to about these things and submit to his judgements, that's the best cure for scrupulosity.

Its a hard struggle for us guys and unfortunately I hear its getting common for women as well. We all have to go through it and we're all affected in various degrees. We shouldn't give up, even if it gets hard or painful.

Our best hope is to develop committed devotion to Our Lady, make ourselves her knights and learn to suffer in honour of her.

Hope this helps, I'll pray for you.
You are not responsable for those thoughts which you do not consent to. Satan knows that his time is short and he pulls out all the stops. What I would recommend to you is to repat over and over, "Yes to Jesus Christ, no to sin."
Welcome to the fallen nature of man! As Poche mentions, you are not responsible for thoughts which just crop up in your head but you are responsible for how you deal with them. Remember: "Virtue is nothing without the trial of temptation, for there is no conflict without an enemy, no victory without strife." (Pope St. Leo the Great). And also don't forget the words of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, who said "There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials."
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. This is something I have been dealing with quite frequently so your prayers and support is greatly appreciated. Lately it has been not only impure thoughts and images, but various other forms of temptations which I have gone through. Right before lining up for Holy Communion for example, I had a strong temptation that lasted for a while of cursing the name of God and thus of our Lord as well. I am pretty sure that I did not consent to this temptation but it was scary since I know I don't want to do this.
Have you spoken to your Bishop? This may be something which requires his attention.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo