frequent attacks of tempation (mostly impure thoughts)
(11-23-2014, 06:49 PM)RyanPatrick Wrote: Have you spoken to your Bishop? This may be something which requires his attention.

No I haven't. Why do you think it might require his attention?
(11-23-2014, 06:49 PM)RyanPatrick Wrote: Have you spoken to your Bishop? This may be something which requires his attention.

Your're joking, right?
I would stodgy suggest getting a copy of How to Resist Temptation by Remler.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Resist-Temptation-Francis-Remler/dp/1928832393/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417601714&sr=8-1&keywords=How+to+resist+temptation

Do not fear temptation, turn it around and use it as an opportunity to deepen your faith and rely on God for strength.
(11-20-2014, 02:56 AM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. This is something I have been dealing with quite frequently so your prayers and support is greatly appreciated. Lately it has been not only impure thoughts and images, but various other forms of temptations which I have gone through. Right before lining up for Holy Communion for example, I had a strong temptation that lasted for a while of cursing the name of God and thus of our Lord as well. I am pretty sure that I did not consent to this temptation but it was scary since I know I don't want to do this.

Bizarre unwanted thoughts that go against one's conscious will aren't that uncommon. Probably most or all people get them sometimes. One I've occasionally had and have heard of other people having is the urge to jump to one's death from a high place. Just leaves me thinking "That was weird. I'd never do that, so why did I have an impulse to do so for a moment there?"

Ignore them, and you'll be alright.
St. Maximus Confessor Wrote:When the mind begins to make progress in the love of God, the demon of blasphemy begins to tempt him and suggest to him such thoughts as no man but only the devil their father could invent. He does this out of envy for the friend of God, that coming to despair at having such thoughts he no longer dares to approach God in his usual prayer. Nevertheless, the accursed one derives no profit from his plan but rather makes us more steadfast. For engaging in offensive and defensive battle, we become more proven and more sincere in the love of God. “May his sword pierce his heart and may his bows be shattered”.
(12-05-2014, 09:56 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
St. Maximus Confessor Wrote:When the mind begins to make progress in the love of God, the demon of blasphemy begins to tempt him and suggest to him such thoughts as no man but only the devil their father could invent. He does this out of envy for the friend of God, that coming to despair at having such thoughts he no longer dares to approach God in his usual prayer. Nevertheless, the accursed one derives no profit from his plan but rather makes us more steadfast. For engaging in offensive and defensive battle, we become more proven and more sincere in the love of God. “May his sword pierce his heart and may his bows be shattered”.

Thanks for posting this.
(11-20-2014, 02:56 AM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. This is something I have been dealing with quite frequently so your prayers and support is greatly appreciated. Lately it has been not only impure thoughts and images, but various other forms of temptations which I have gone through. Right before lining up for Holy Communion for example, I had a strong temptation that lasted for a while of cursing the name of God and thus of our Lord as well. I am pretty sure that I did not consent to this temptation but it was scary since I know I don't want to do this.
It's hard to be good.
(11-17-2014, 07:41 PM)2HeartsServant Wrote:
(11-17-2014, 05:07 PM)voltape Wrote: To  begin with I have to warmly congratulate  you for being a man and feeling attraction towards women.  You are an endangered species.  Then, how dirty are your thoughts towards females? Do you experience an uncontrollable desire to possess one of them to quench your insatiable libido,  or they are just feelings of admiration and thankfulness to Our Lord for creating so much beauty?
Admiration of beauty is obviously not even a venial sin
Admiring the beauty of a woman in particular is also quite natural.  Otherwise there would not be the sacrament of marriage.  Marriage implies a man desiring a woman and vice versa.  No desire, no passion, no libido?  Then there would not be marriage or children.
Moreover, God created libido – remember His words to Adam and Eve.

Why in the world would you congratulate someone for that? It's not an accomplishment.
Surely it is: at a time like ours when there is such confusion about sex, it is refreshing to hear of a boy who likes girls.
(this was probably a joke on my part) - - Anyway, we should avoid being obsessed with sin: God is not Hitler.
'To abstain from sinful actions is not sufficient for the fulfillment of God's law. The very desire of what is forbidden is evil'

St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle

'The human ideal of continence, I mean that which is set forth by Greek philosophers, teaches that one should fight desire and not be subservient to it so as to bring it to practical effect. But our ideal is not to experience desire at all. Our aim is not that while a man feels desire he should get the better of it, but that he should be continent even respecting desire itself. This chastity cannot be attained in any other way except by God's grace. That was why he said "Ask and it shall be given you." This grace was received even by Moses, though clothed in his needy body, so that for forty days he felt neither thirst nor hunger. Just as it is better to be in good health than for a sick man to talk about health, so to be light is better than to discuss light, and true chastity is better than that taught by the philosophers. Where there is light there is no darkness. But where there is inward desire, even if it goes no further than desire and is quiescent so far as bodily action is concerned, union takes place in thought with the object of desire, although that object is not present.'

St. Clement of Alexandria
I think you might be a bit guilty of scrupulosity on this.  A General Confession could perhaps not hurt, though.

Saw this on Catholic Answers:

From Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales, Chapter 6:

The First Purification, Namely, From Mortal Sin

The first purification to be made is from sin;--the means whereby to make it, the sacrament of penance. Seek the best confessor within your reach, use one of the many little books written in order to help the examination of conscience.Read some such book carefully, examining point by point wherein you have sinned, from the first use of your reason to the present time. And if you mistrust your memory, write down the result of your examination. Having thus sought out the evil spots in your conscience, strive to detest them, and to reject them with the greatest abhorrence and contrition of which your heart is capable;--bearing in mind these four things:--that by sin you have lost God's Grace, rejected your share in Paradise, accepted the pains of Hell, and renounced God's Eternal Love. You see, my child, that I am now speaking of a general confession of your whole life, which, while I grant it is not always necessary, I yet believe will be found most helpful in the beginning of your pursuit after holiness, and therefore I earnestly advise you to make it. Not unfrequently the ordinary confessions of persons leading an everyday life are full of great faults, and that because they make little or no preparation, and have not the needful contrition. Owing to this deficiency such people go to confession with a tacit intention of returning to their old sins, inasmuch as they will not avoid the occasions of sin, or take the necessary measures for amendment of life, and in all such cases a general confession is required to steady and fix the soul. But, furthermore, a general confession forces us to a clearer selfknowledge, kindles a wholesome shame for our past life, and rouses gratitude for God's Mercy, Which has so long waited patiently for us;--it comforts the heart, refreshes the spirit, excites good resolutions, affords opportunity to our spiritual Father for giving the most suitable advice, and opens our hearts so as to make future confessions more effectual. Therefore I cannot enter into the subject of a general change of life and entire turning to God, by means of a devout life, without urging upon you to begin with a general confession.