What It's LIke to Be A Professional Cuddler
From a marketing standpoint, 0.99 cents per minute would sound better than a full $1 per minute.
(11-25-2014, 07:47 PM)Gabriel Serafin Wrote: From a marketing standpoint, 0.99 cents per minute would sound better than a full $1 per minute.

Consider that people are consciously aware of that trick even if they're still subconsciously influenced by it, so that charging the full dollar makes the cuddler seem more straight-up, honest and homely, attractive qualities in a potential cuddle partner.
(11-25-2014, 07:47 PM)Gabriel Serafin Wrote: From a marketing standpoint, 0.99 cents per minute would sound better than a full $1 per minute.

I personally hate that trick. In the end I'm more annoyed for having to carry coins around than for paying 7 or 8 cents more.
I just love integers, and a bit of a cuddle would be so much better if I didn't have to worry about fractions.

But seriously, I find this a bit sad. People are so lonely that they even have to pay for cuddle. I mean, I can understand why people would do that, but just like every other form of market driven intimacy (prostitution and so forth), I think there's something [morally] wrong with it. Not to speak of the weirdness of being intimate with a stranger who pretends to like you for a minute, while you're paying, under strict rules.
(11-25-2014, 10:20 PM)Dirigible Wrote:

Consider that people are consciously aware of that trick even if they're still subconsciously influenced by it, so that charging the full dollar makes the cuddler seem more straight-up, honest and homely, attractive qualities in a potential cuddle partner.

If one reads the fine print there's probably a 5 minute minimum; and $5 for 5 minutes doesn't sound that comforting after all. One is likely to leave with deep feelings of annoyance than anything else.
(11-25-2014, 11:01 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I personally hate that trick. In the end I'm more annoyed for having to carry coins around than for paying 7 or 8 cents more.
I just love integers, and a bit of a cuddle would be so much better if I didn't have to worry about fractions.

But seriously, I find this a bit sad. People are so lonely that they even have to pay for cuddle. I mean, I can understand why people would do that, but just like every other form of market driven intimacy (prostitution and so forth), I think there's something [morally] wrong with it. Not to speak of the weirdness of being intimate with a stranger who pretends to like you for a minute, while you're paying, under strict rules.

Amen!
(11-25-2014, 11:01 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:

I personally hate that trick. In the end I'm more annoyed for having to carry coins around than for paying 7 or 8 cents more.

To be fair, the rules are just "nothing sexual", which from a Christian perspective is the same as with anyone one isn't married to.
(11-26-2014, 12:54 PM)Dirigible Wrote: To be fair, the rules are just "nothing sexual", which from a Christian perspective is the same as with anyone one isn't married to.

There are many more problems than just the sexual with "professional cuddlers" as I mentioned above. Its insincere and all for profit.
The last thing I want is a total stranger cuddling me.  LOL No thanks.
(11-27-2014, 09:02 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: The last thing I want is a total stranger cuddling me.  LOL No thanks.

Finally we can agree on something here.....