30-day devotion to the Holy Souls in Purgatory
Hi folks,

I'm in a bit of a bind here, hopefully someone can help me. I am in the midst of the 30-day devotion to the Holy Souls, but I forgot my book at home and I am away from home. Does anyone have this book who could possibly tell me which prayers are prescribed for Day 22? I would greatly appreciate your help. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

MDA
From my reprint of the Manual for the Purgatorial Society:

Alms-Giving Affords Great Relief to the departed.

Prayer: Lord! graciously look down upon the alms we offer for the redemption of the captive souls in Purgatory. Bestow upon them the full merit thereof, that they may be able to discharge their debt; accept, we beseech Thee, this boon of charity, that delivered from debt and penalty, Thou mayest lead them into Thy heavenly kingdom. Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Special Intercession: Pray for the souls of those who upon earth gave alms for the relief of the suffering souls.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them; may they rest in peace. Amen. (Three times)

Practice: Bestow a gift upon a poor person, and offer the merit for the souls in purgatory.

Invocation: My Jesus, mercy!
What is this 30 day devotion thing? I might like to try.
(11-22-2014, 10:22 PM)missadeangelis Wrote: Hi folks,

I'm in a bit of a bind here, hopefully someone can help me. I am in the midst of the 30-day devotion to the Holy Souls, but I forgot my book at home and I am away from home. Does anyone have this book who could possibly tell me which prayers are prescribed for Day 22? I would greatly appreciate your help. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

MDA

I've never heard of this devotion.  Can you give us more information?  Thanks!
The one I use is a reprint of a Manual of the Purgatorial Society, originally from 1946, with an imprimatur from Francis Cardinal Spellman. Mine is a reprint I purchased through Amazon. 280-some pages, black cover. About 4-5 inches tall. You should also be able to find this easily on abebooks. Worth your time. I hope that helps.