Man Cold

Teehee!

Whaddaya mean by "Teehee," Vox?
Excellent documentary on a relevant scientifically verifiable truth!!
:)
(11-24-2014, 01:45 PM)maldon Wrote: Whaddaya mean by "Teehee," Vox?
Excellent documentary on a relevant scientifically verifiable truth!!
:)

Awww, poor little bunnies! :P

And I say this as one who LOATHES modern feminism. I adore men! I know exactly where we'd be without them!
i would usually show up to work no matter what
I had bosses tell me to go home i was too sick

also times i went to the emergency room straight from work or passed out at work

but now a cold can turn into pneumonia so we freak out about it
(11-24-2014, 04:00 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: i would usually show up to work no matter what
I had bosses tell me to go home i was too sick

also times i went to the emergency room straight from work or passed out at work

but now a cold can turn into pneumonia so we freak out about it

Many people with health problems, or just older people with less robust immune systems, easily develop secondary infections that can prove fatal. I wish more people would realize it is manlier to stay home when ill than to subject coworkers and others to the risk of infection.

Children, for all their many charms, have less immunity, so they serve as effective breeding grounds for bacteria and viruses. Yet many parents insist on dragging sick, coughing children around to dental appointments, to mass, to the grocery store, etc. Please note that children are no longer instructed in how to cough (into a handkerchief or one's arm), and I even see many adults walking around coughing without so much as covering their mouths, simply spraying passersby with aerosolized droplets of germ-laden saliva and mucus.

Politeness dictates that we grin and bear it. Asking mothers to teach their children how to cover their mouths, or not to haul sick children around, is a major breach of decorum.
Ideal world:

Man: I'm sick.

Woman: Oh, honey, let me bring you a blanket, a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and your favorite book.

Real world:

Bourbon Apocalypse: I'm sick.

Women (recent estimates: 1005): Whatever you wish is our command.
(12-24-2014, 12:03 AM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: Ideal world:

Woman: Oh, honey, let me bring you a blanket, a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and your favorite book.

Real world:

Allow me to correct you....

Ideal world:

Woman: Oh, honey, don't worry about a thing except getting better!

Real world:

Women (recent estimates: 1005): Better you than me! I matter more! :-D
(12-24-2014, 12:55 AM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 12:03 AM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: Ideal world:

Real world:

Allow me to correct you....

Ideal world:

Woman: Oh, honey, don't worry about a thing except getting better!

Real world:

Women (recent estimates: 1005): Better you than me! I matter more! :-D

no no no....

Ideal world:

Real world:

Woman: Oh, isn't that too bloody bad. I've been sick all week. Now here, it's your turn to walk the dog.
hpnestly a cold is not really that sick

your body is strong enough to get over it without any supplemental oxygen  medical intervention... you are fine

call me when you are dealing with multi system organ failure
my wife does dote on me but i wish she didnt have to.  i wish i could take care of her instrad of the other way around

when i get a cold i often end up in the hospital when my wife gets a cold..  she gets up at 2am, 5am to help me .. she makes my son breakfast she gets on the train and goes to work like any other day