Man Cold
(01-02-2015, 09:47 AM)Leonhard Wrote:
(11-24-2014, 02:38 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: And I say this as one who LOATHES modern feminism. I adore men! I know exactly where we'd be without them!

You mean a world with only women wouldn't be a gynotopia of peace and harmony from coast to coast, with all getting along with each other and being happy and fulfilled?  :eyeroll:
  :LOL:
Years ago my Dad, in some frustration, said "all nuns and nurses go straight to Heaven when they die because they've done Purgatory with Reverend Mothers and Matrons". I responded with: "If anyone that's trying to manage a bunch of women doesn't turn into a Reverend Mother or Matron quick-smart they'll be just a smudge on the floor". :LOL:
I can relate. I have a cold. It's miserable.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
It's my husband! 

He's sick in bed right now, watching some war movie on tv. 

I'm sick too, but I've gotten kids to school, cooked soup, cleaned the house and grocery shopped.  The most I heard from him was to stop making the racket when I vacuumed. 

Grumbles....
(01-12-2015, 09:04 PM)AbbyNormal Wrote: It's my husband! 

He's sick in bed right now, watching some war movie on tv. 

I'm sick too, but I've gotten kids to school, cooked soup, cleaned the house and grocery shopped.  The most I heard from him was to stop making the racket when I vacuumed. 

Grumbles....

Your husband is bound by Ephesians 5:25 which is death sentence, but him asking you not to make a racket is soooooo bad? That's the problem with women. Y'all don't know how good you have it......
Wait, are you saying that you think marriage is a bigger sacrifice for the husband than the wife?  :Hmm:
(01-15-2015, 10:48 AM)Deidre Wrote: Wait, are you saying that you think marriage is a bigger sacrifice for the husband than the wife?  :Hmm:
I suspect that he thinks that wives are but an appendage that he should be lauded for bearing... If he could ever find one that could bear him.
(01-15-2015, 10:48 AM)Deidre Wrote: Wait, are you saying that you think marriage is a bigger sacrifice for the husband than the wife?  :Hmm:

Honestly, I'm tired of this charade. Read Ephesians. Men are expected to die for their wives where as their wives are expected to respect their husbands wishes so long as those wishes don't go against God's commandments. I didn't speak those words nor did I write them, but I'm expected to live them out whether I agree or not. If you don't like it, then take it up with the person that did speak them.

(01-15-2015, 12:55 PM)Oldavid Wrote: I suspect that he thinks that wives are but an appendage that he should be lauded for bearing... If he could ever find one that could bear him.

Actually I think wives should give their husbands the benefit of the doubt before they go off on their "I am woman hear me roaaaaaarrrrrr" spiel. Last time I checked giving the benefit of the doubt was the Catholic way........Pope Francis change that recently and didn't send a memo?
So husbands are expected to die for their wives. Why wouldn't a husband want to die for his wife, if doing so would save her? Or a wife for her husband, if necessary?

And aren't we all supposed to be willing to die for the Faith, if necessary?  And we're supposed to "die to ourselves" and mortify our wills. Our religion is full of sacrifice; I don't understand why anyone would convince himself that a particular group of people get a bad deal as opposed to another.
tehee???  :grin:
(01-15-2015, 11:50 PM)Deidre Wrote: So husbands are expected to die for their wives. Why wouldn't a husband want to die for his wife, if doing so would save her? Or a wife for her husband, if necessary?

If a women have such a problem with "man cold" I doubt they are in much of a state to be dying for their husbands.........

(01-15-2015, 11:50 PM)Deidre Wrote: And aren't we all supposed to be willing to die for the Faith, if necessary?  And we're supposed to "die to ourselves" and mortify our wills. Our religion is full of sacrifice; I don't understand why anyone would convince himself that a particular group of people get a bad deal as opposed to another.

Yes, and respecting men is women's way of "dying to the self" as we've not seen demonstrated here........