High Carb "diet"
Update:

Lost 4 lbs. this past week!  :) :) :) :)  Down to 208.
(12-13-2014, 12:20 PM)J Michael Wrote: Update:

Jolly good.

:LOL:
Keep that up for a while longer and you will be an emaciated, malnourished, pot-bellied candidate for charitable food relief programs.  :LOL:
(12-13-2014, 04:42 PM)Oldavid Wrote:

:LOL:
Keep that up for a while longer and you will be an emaciated, malnourished, pot-bellied candidate for charitable food relief programs.  :LOL:

:O :O Oh, no!!  You've outed me!!  :O :O  That was the secret motive behind all of this nonsense.  I purposely left that out of the goals Christulsa asked about.  Well, okay then...it'd be a lot cheaper to eat that way, which is the whole point.  You know...social security, Medicare, and now food relief!  The Trifecta of the welfare state!!  Alleluia!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Congrats J Mike!  How is your energy level? mental clarity? allergies? your wife's arthritis? sources of protein?

This last Saturday me and the wife went to the Asian Market and I was thinking about your diet when I saw all the different kinds of rice and veggies.  I thought about getting tofu, but the protein count per serving looked low and I couldn't find any fermented kind.  We save a lot of $ shopping there.  I need to find out if any of their fish is wild caught or mercury-free.  I got a pound of salmon belly (very high in omega 3s!) for about $2, and a pound of pork belly for about $2.  :eats:
(12-16-2014, 12:40 AM)christulsa123 Wrote:

Congrats J Mike!  How is your energy level? mental clarity? allergies? your wife's arthritis? sources of protein?

This last Saturday me and the wife went to the Asian Market and I was thinking about your diet when I saw all the different kinds of rice and veggies.  I thought about getting tofu, but the protein count per serving looked low and I couldn't find any fermented kind.  We save a lot of $ shopping there.  I need to find out if any of their fish is wild caught or mercury-free.  I got a pound of salmon belly (very high in omega 3s!) for about $2, and a pound of pork belly for about $2.  :eats:
Poor fella, christulsal.

Do you know what might happen to people who eat "healthy" diets?

They night live a little longer, do more work, and pay more tax.

My energy level is, I would say, about 4 lbs. better. :)  Mental clarity?  According to my wife, I've never had any, except when I asked her to marry me  :) :).  My allergies?  No, I'm not going to kill and eat the cats, thank you very much :) :) :).  Wife's arthritis?  Somewhat better, but the weather ain't helpin'  :((.  Protein?  Just about everything we eat has some protein in it  :) :) :) :).  I'm pretty sure we're getting quite enough, well within the CDC/WHO/McDougall Plan guidelines of 30-80 grams per day, and probably exceeding that on some days, especially those days when we had some meat or eggs to the diet. 

Mercury/heavy metal-free fish at a market??  You gotta be kidding!  I'd bet dollars to donuts that that's just about an impossibility.  And, the only way you'd know it was free of that crap would be to test each fish, and I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.  I think the only way you're gonna get fish-derived Omega-3's that are free of mercury, arsenic, pcb's, etc.  is to get molecularly distilled fish oil supplements that have been tested by an independent lab and make available the certificate stating they're free of those.  Maybe some wild-caught salmon from areas that have shown to be relatively free of them might be, but I, again, wouldn't bet on it.
(12-16-2014, 08:14 AM)Oldavid Wrote:

Poor fella, christulsal.

Do you know what might happen to people who eat "healthy" diets?

They night live a little longer, do more work, and pay more tax.

:LOL: :LOL:
How's it goin on High Carb J Mike?
(01-01-2015, 04:43 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: How's it goin on High Carb J Mike?

Thanks for asking, and Happy New Year!

Well, the "high carb diet" has taken a hit.  I blame the Christmas season  :grin: :grin:.  Well...not entirely.  Tbh, we both got really fed up with not eating some of the good foods we like and with being far too generous in our contributions to so-called "global warming" from excess methane production. :LOL:  In other words, the diet contains, for us, way too much fiber and not enough fat.  We haven't  totally jettisoned it, but our "modifications" make it "the not so high carb diet".  We're back to eating meat (especially me), using cooking oils and butter and ghee, and eating more non-starchy vegies (like salad), and fewer grains and starchy vegies. 

So, we used it to "get back on track" with better food and much, much less junk, but you could probably say that we are no longer strictly on "The Starch Solution" high-carb diet.  It served its purpose but is not really for us.

To date I have lost 7 lbs.  Now, that may all have changed when I weigh myself again on Saturday  :grin:.