Does this come off as insulting?
So on Catholic Answer Forums there was a thread about Islam and the Popes claim that is nonviolent and people got into a discussion on the violence that may be associated with Islam. Long story short I posted my opinion and received an infraction. I understand I did violate the rules so I am not upset about it but I feel like what I wrote wasn't wrong or insulting. As someone who studies Islam and the Middle East I gave my 2 cents.  This is what i said......

"Individual muslims are in themselves not necessarily violent. Just as being atheist doesn't automatically make someone a moral lacking sociopath.

But the doctrine of Islam itself allows for the personification of violence.

We must look at it in context with Christianity. Islam doesn't just blatantly teach to kill kill kill, but the fundamental principles allow for violence to be justified.

Christianity is based off love, and selfless sacrifice. It is based off the triumph over evil by the crucifixion of Christ. God became man, and suffered and gave his life so that he could be saved. That alone is unique to our religion. Selfless love is our weapon.

Islam on the other hand is not based off this. It has extremely political undertones and was spread through conquest of surrounding areas. So even if it doesn't say use violence it shows it through history and by the actions of their prophet Muhammad.

What must also realize that the political and strict law of Islam lead to violence because they believe that there form of governance is Allahs divine rule. Unlike Christianity that has not teaching of economics or statecraft. Christian principles can be applied to those 2 areas but there is no defined type of governance. Islam on the other hand has a political system of Sharia, a Khalifa (stand in for Muhammad), and scholars who interpret law and the judges who implement that law.

Being muslim doesn't mean your are violent. But because of Islamic political systems and its law it can lead to violence when they view the current government as heretical or opposed to Allah."

Do you think what I said was out of line? I wasn't trying to be rude. Just honest from my observation of the history and political landscape in the Middle East. 
There are some grammatical and spelling mistakes just fyi. One being,  "so we** could be saved" not "he".
No, I think what you said was quite reasonable and impartial.
I recommend you post here.  You will not be censored excessively here (one thing I respect the most about this place).  There are rules and you shouldn't break them, so be sure to read the rules so you know what lines you cannot cross, but you can be honest here as long as you are respectful and aren't just trying to "start a fight."
Yes that was one of the reasons I joined this site also. After reading some threads I saw that this site was much more open to discussing current political issues with a realistic viewpoint. I just don't understand why I received an infraction for that when the website has an entire article about the "Truth About Islam and Violence" which is basically longer version of what I said.  Oh well! Appreciate the responses, God Bless!
Yes, you came off as extremely insulting by displaying uncommon sense. This is extremely frustrating to both the ignorant and those who use elaborate mental gymnastics to persist in being wrong despite the preponderance of evidence to the contrary. Reasonable Catholics, you will soon learn, read about Muslim massacres of Christians in Nigeria, Pakistan, and Iraq then insist on self-flagellation over a 200 year-old, politicized interpretation of the Spanish Inquisition originating from anti-Catholic English scholars. The fact that you presented your case in such a charitable, sensitive way, making clear that individual Muslims in all ages have pursued peace, is doubly infuriating, since it does not allow you to be so easily pigeonholed so easily as a southern, raghead-hating yokel. In effect, you blue-balled the multi-cultists by being so measured, moderate, and by using proper spelling and diction.

Look on the bright side: at least you wrote your comments about Islam and not rabbinic Judaism, our elder brothers in faith. Judaism, even without Christ, is salvific on its own merits, according to reasonable Catholics, and the Jews are incapable of collectively contributing to any social I'll whatsoever, being a race of perpetual victims who triumph over adversity using only moral means, and then are presented for their success, which is a clear sign of God's abiding favor of his chosen people. Had you questioned this view of rabbinism, you simply could no longer be a Catholic, according to the smartest Catholics behind computers.
Autocorrect errors: presented for resented, I'll for ill.
(12-03-2014, 04:43 AM)Cyriacus Wrote: Yes, you came off as extremely insulting by displaying uncommon sense. This is extremely frustrating to both the ignorant and those who use elaborate mental gymnastics to persist in being wrong despite the preponderance of evidence to the contrary. Reasonable Catholics, you will soon learn, read about Muslim massacres of Christians in Nigeria, Pakistan, and Iraq then insist on self-flagellation over a 200 year-old, politicized interpretation of the Spanish Inquisition originating from anti-Catholic English scholars. The fact that you presented your case in such a charitable, sensitive way, making clear that individual Muslims in all ages have pursued peace, is doubly infuriating, since it does not allow you to be so easily pigeonholed so easily as a southern, XXXX-hating yokel. In effect, you blue-balled the multi-cultists by being so measured, moderate, and by using proper spelling and diction.

Look on the bright side: at least you wrote your comments about Islam and not rabbinic Judaism, our elder brothers in faith. Judaism, even without Christ, is salvific on its own merits, according to reasonable Catholics, and the Jews are incapable of collectively contributing to any social I'll whatsoever, being a race of perpetual victims who triumph over adversity using only moral means, and then are presented for their success, which is a clear sign of God's abiding favor of his chosen people. Had you questioned this view of rabbinism, you simply could no longer be a Catholic, according to the smartest Catholics behind computers.

Yes I was quite confused when I received an infraction, especially after hearing so many apologist say very similar things to what I said. I guess I just stirred up all "tolerant" minded people who seem do be at a disconnect from reality because they have been beaten into submission by the liberal propaganda fed to them . People today are absorbed in racial and cultural paranoia of not "offending" other peoples views that they will sacrifice the truth and reality of the matter. Political Correctness is a virus.
(12-03-2014, 05:21 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: I guess I just stirred up all "tolerant" minded people...

My experience has been that the "tolerant" minded people are the most intolerant of all.
(12-04-2014, 10:23 AM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 05:21 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: I guess I just stirred up all "tolerant" minded people...

My experience has been that the "tolerant" minded people are the most intolerant of all.

Yes I agree. I shall make a new thread on tolerance now that we are on the topic.  :)