Circumcision linked to increased risk of autism in young boys
(01-14-2015, 12:44 PM)Dirigible Wrote: If the reason I shouldn't alter my body is that God made it that way, then it follows that I should alter it if God tells me to.

As I demonstrated, God never told you to.
(01-14-2015, 12:47 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 12:44 PM)Dirigible Wrote: If the reason I shouldn't alter my body is that God made it that way, then it follows that I should alter it if God tells me to.

As I demonstrated, God never told you to.

I'm afraid I'm not prepared to take your word for it. Where did you get this information?
(01-14-2015, 12:50 PM)Dirigible Wrote: I'm afraid I'm not prepared to take your word for it. Where did you get this information?

I understand.  Common sense and logic after reading about the documentary hypothesis and The Early HIstory of God by Mark S. Smith, on top of a very strong gut feeling that circumcision is intrinsically immoral.
Oh please! We are all very familiar with these little atheist rants, and no one is convinced by them. Nobody wants discuss atheism vs. religion with you, and its not because we lack logic or common sense, but its because, and I say this with absolute objectivity, this is idiotic.
The only thing you'll prove is that you are a very sad man.
I really don't know why you bother. If you want help go to the prayer request section and spare us your ramblings.
(01-14-2015, 01:28 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Oh please! We are all very familiar with these little atheist rants, and no one is convinced by them. Nobody wants discuss atheism vs. religion with you, and its not because we lack logic or common sense, but its because, and I say this with absolute objectivity, this is idiotic.
I really don't know why you bother. If you want help go to the prayer request section and spare us your ramblings.

The only thing idiotic is that you keep referring to me as an atheist.
(01-14-2015, 01:45 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:28 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Oh please! We are all very familiar with these little atheist rants, and no one is convinced by them. Nobody wants discuss atheism vs. religion with you, and its not because we lack logic or common sense, but its because, and I say this with absolute objectivity, this is idiotic.

The only thing idiotic is that you keep referring to me as an atheist.

To be fair, it's an easy mistake to make.
(01-14-2015, 01:57 PM)Dirigible Wrote: To be fair, it's an easy mistake to make.

Not for him.  I've explicitly told him before that I still believe there is one God.  He continues to refer to me as an atheist anyway.

For everyone else, it does not follow that a rejection of Yahweh as being the one God is a rejection of any and all gods.
I'll just put this here (emphasis mine).

Quote:Anyone is most welcome to participate if they will respect the sensibilities of traditional Catholics who respect the Petrine Ministry and the man who holds the office, and if they obey the forum rules. In other words, read about what is meant by "traditional Catholics" -- and don't come here to rile people who fit that description. We get smeared everywhere else; it won't happen here.

Neither interreligious debating nor attempts to "convert" us are allowed. You can ask sincere questions about traditional Catholicism in the "Apologetics & Questions about Traditional Catholicism?" forum -- but no barraging; ask a few questions at a time. If you don't want to know the answer but are trying to "score points" or "convert" us, don't bother!
(01-14-2015, 02:05 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I'll just put this here (emphasis mine).

Quote:Anyone is most welcome to participate if they will respect the sensibilities of traditional Catholics who respect the Petrine Ministry and the man who holds the office, and if they obey the forum rules. In other words, read about what is meant by "traditional Catholics" -- and don't come here to rile people who fit that description. We get smeared everywhere else; it won't happen here.

Neither interreligious debating nor attempts to "convert" us are allowed. You can ask sincere questions about traditional Catholicism in the "Apologetics & Questions about Traditional Catholicism?" forum -- but no barraging; ask a few questions at a time. If you don't want to know the answer but are trying to "score points" or "convert" us, don't bother!

You're right, I haven't been following that rule very well.  I apologize.  I'll refrain from challenging your ignorance from now on.
(01-14-2015, 12:14 PM)Melkite Wrote: He never commanded circumcision, it is a violation of bodily integrity, and any person who circumcised their child at any point in history has committed a grave sin.

Since I have 3 sons, all circumcised, by this statement, I am a horrible mother who has committed 3 grave sins.

And since St. Peter was Jewish, and was circumcised and no doubt had his sons circumcised, he too is a horrible person who committed grave sin.  Yet, Christ chose him as His successor to run His church on this earth.  So this horrible, monster of a father, who mutilated his sons by circumcision, was loved enough by our Savior to be entrusted with the keys to the kingdom?  Yes, it all makes perfect sense to me.