Circumcision linked to increased risk of autism in young boys
(01-15-2015, 01:12 PM)Cyriacus Wrote: Out of curiosity, and without any malice or ill will, do you have high-functioning Autism or Asperger's Syndrome, Melkite? I am not trying to suggest that there is anything wrong with you, and I agree with you on Routine Infant Circumcision, but your depth of interest on a few select subjects, at least your posts here, and your style of argument reminds me of people I know on the Autism Spectrum.

In any case, it was not my intention to derail the thread. It was just a thought that popped into head, and the only reason I chose to share it is because this is a thread on autism as well as circumcision.

It's funny you should mention that.  No, I have never been diagnosed with either, nor has anyone suggested that I should.  But I recently took a learning development class and did see some similarities between some autism spectrum qualities and myself.  Where I see more of a possibility is for me being ADD (specifically, not ADHD, as I've never had a problem with hyperactivity) and others have suggested that as well, although I have never been diagnosed with that either.  If either, it's minor enough that it never hindered my ability to learn, which is probably why I was never tested for them to begin with.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Circumcision linked to increased risk of autism in young boys - by Melkite - 01-15-2015, 01:29 PM