Benedict XVI overrules Francis!
Yesterday, Mgr Charles J Scicluna was formally installed as the Archbishop of Malta in a ceremony at the Cathedral in Mdina. The reading of the Papal decree before concelebrated Mass was the highlight of ceremonies. Strange that not even Rorate Coeli picked up the exclusive news of how he was selected. More here:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...ation.html
What is your source?
Hmm, just from reading the article, it didn't sound like Benedict overruled Francis.  It was more of a consultation?  I remember hearing from somewhere that Francis said having Benedict is like having a wise old grandfather who can dispense great advice.  I assume that's what happened here.
"I saw the relationship between the two Popes. I saw how baleful would be the consequences of this false church. I saw it increase in size; heretics of every kind came into the city (of Rome). The local clergy grew lukewarm, and I saw a great darkness. Then, the vision seemed to extend on every side. Whole Catholic communities were being oppressed, harassed, confined, and deprived of their freedom. I saw many churches close down, great miseries everywhere, wars and bloodshed. A wild and ignorant mob took to violent action. But it did not last long." - Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich
He wasn't the first name on the list.
(03-22-2015, 07:01 PM)Ave Castitatis Lilium Wrote: "I saw the relationship between the two Popes. I saw how baleful would be the consequences of this false church. I saw it increase in size; heretics of every kind came into the city (of Rome). The local clergy grew lukewarm, and I saw a great darkness. Then, the vision seemed to extend on every side. Whole Catholic communities were being oppressed, harassed, confined, and deprived of their freedom. I saw many churches close down, great miseries everywhere, wars and bloodshed. A wild and ignorant mob took to violent action. But it did not last long." - Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich

What happened then?
(03-22-2015, 07:01 PM)Ave Castitatis Lilium Wrote: "I saw the relationship between the two Popes. I saw how baleful would be the consequences of this false church. I saw it increase in size; heretics of every kind came into the city (of Rome). The local clergy grew lukewarm, and I saw a great darkness. Then, the vision seemed to extend on every side. Whole Catholic communities were being oppressed, harassed, confined, and deprived of their freedom. I saw many churches close down, great miseries everywhere, wars and bloodshed. A wild and ignorant mob took to violent action. But it did not last long." - Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich

But she is not referring to two popes at the same time.  1) The Vatican disregarded the whole of her works as they were taken down by Clemens Brentano who later admitted  he had added to them. 2) Emmerich is not speaking of two popes at the same time. Beginning on p.277 she discusses a vision of two popes but as you read the actual passage you will see one is from the distant past, namely Pope Boniface, while the other is not identified.  The passage starts on p. 277 and following: https://archive.org/stream/TheLifeAndRev...7/mode/2up

C.
(03-23-2015, 05:39 AM)Dirigible Wrote:

What happened then?

Triumph of the Immaculate Heart!
(03-23-2015, 05:39 AM)Dirigible Wrote:

What happened then?

After the 1848 Revolution in Rome and the establishment of the Roman Republic (where everything described in this quote happened), the French sieged Rome and restored order and the Pope.  The Republic lasted only a few months. 

Also, as  Cetil mentioned, one of the "two Popes" was St. Boniface IV, and the vision is comparing the Church back then with what was to come shortly after she made those prophecies. The contrast is with how the early liberal policies of Bl. Pius IX ran counter to those of St. Boniface IV, allowing the problems described to come to pass (which they did). She does refer to the "present Pope" which would literally be Pius VII, but not much makes sense from that standpoint, unless she was contrasting his archaeological restoration of ancient art and obelisks and whatnot to Boniface IV converting the pagan temples to Christian use. The rest makes more sense if the "present Pope" means the one when her vision is taking place.

Except for some Biblical prophecies (due to the nature of public revelation), I've found that prophecies tend to be for their immediate or near immediate audience and come to pass within a generation.
Is the new Archbishop of Malta a good pick? I don't know anything about him.