Should the Church create a military order to defend Catholics?
I'll bring my friends Smith and Wesson
(04-04-2015, 10:03 PM)Cyriacus Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 11:08 AM)Ave Castitatis Lilium Wrote: Where can I sign up?

If you are really interested, stop communicating about these things here and go to Erbil immediately. One-way tickets are not priced unreasonably; although you cannot fly directly in from most cities, you can get connecting flights at Beirut. It is preferable if you have military training already, and it is especially preferable if you have experience with mortars and artillery.

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to go without any military training, would one be an asset, or would one just be getting in the way and being foolish?
Well, if it weren't for the fact I'm a full-time student with responsibilities and my family and only gone shooting once in my life, I'd keep that in mind.
Has one

Templars

http://www.ordo-militiae-templi.org/the-...-P-52.html

"Should the Church create a military order to defend Catholics?"

Yes. 

Also, a privately-funded Crusade should be called.
No, but we should be doing more to lobby our representatives in government to do more about the security crisis for Christians in the Middle East - providing aid and refuge to them and sanctioning the governments who do not protect them.
In my youth, particularly before I enlisted in the USMC, I had conceits for joining if not re-founding something similar to the old Templars and following their primitive Rule (modified a bit)...

I fear none of the recent Popes would have ever countenanced such a thing.  Not that their recognition is particularly needed or useful, given that Ecclesiastical privilege is all but moot in the West (and the East is largely either Communist or Islamic)...

(04-05-2015, 05:51 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: "Should the Church create a military order to defend Catholics?"

Yes. 

Also, a privately-funded Crusade should be called.

Crusades are expensive.