Saintly Husbands Married to Jezebel-like Wives? Are there any?
There are several saints' stories of pious wives married to wicked husbands (e.g., St. Cecilia, St. Rita, et al.), but are there any of pious men married to wicked, Jezebel-like wives?
Jesus. The Church is quite the harlot.  :P

Otherwise, I can't think of any.
The prophet Osee (Hosea), like all the prophets and other Old Testament holy men, is listed as a saint in the Roman Martyrology.  His feast day is July 4th.

St. Osee was directed by God to marry a prostitute and to endure this for the sake of revealing God's longsuffering in the face of Israel's adulterous behavior:

Quote:The beginning of the Lord's speaking by Osee:  and the Lord said to Osee:  Go, take thee a wife of fornications, and have of her children of fornications; for the land by fornication shall depart from the Lord.

Osee 1:2.
(04-07-2015, 03:27 AM)Dirigible Wrote: Jesus. The Church is quite the harlot.  :P
Not the Church, but heretics
(04-07-2015, 07:38 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: The prophet Osee (Hosea), like all the prophets and other Old Testament holy men, is listed as a saint in the Roman Martyrology.  His feast day is July 4th.

St. Osee was directed by God to marry a prostitute and to endure this for the sake of revealing God's longsuffering in the face of Israel's adulterous behavior:

Quote:The beginning of the Lord's speaking by Osee:  and the Lord said to Osee:  Go, take thee a wife of fornications, and have of her children of fornications; for the land by fornication shall depart from the Lord.

Osee 1:2.

Ever since I first heard this story, it has acted as the following reminder: I will never understand God.
(04-07-2015, 11:22 AM)Geremia Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 03:27 AM)Dirigible Wrote: Jesus. The Church is quite the harlot.  :P
Not the Church, but heretics

What I mean is, just about every member of the Church is rotten with sin. Christ's bride is wayward, but he's marrying her anyway.
Samson and Solomon......they weren't saints but who'd want to be married to their wives! Men wear their martyr colors on the inside so it might be hard to find. Many men these days are saints for what they put up with.....
If we are willing to Socrates a type of pre-Christian saint, we know that he was married to Xanthippe, a woman who was notoriously shrewish, though a far cry from Jezebel-like.
(04-08-2015, 11:54 AM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: If we are willing to Socrates a type of pre-Christian saint . . .

Bourbs, you're probably going to take a lot of Kirishitan for that.
(04-08-2015, 01:39 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 11:54 AM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: If we are willing to Socrates a type of pre-Christian saint . . .

Bourbs, you're probably going to take a lot of Kirish**an for that.

Lol--I see what you did there: threading together threads.

Oh, I doubt most Fishies will care even  to respond; it is not like this is FishEaters 2009.