Saintly Husbands Married to Jezebel-like Wives? Are there any?
(04-08-2015, 11:14 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 01:39 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 11:54 AM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: If we are willing to Socrates a type of pre-Christian saint . . .

Bourbs, you're probably going to take a lot of Kirish**an for that.

Lol--I see what you did there: threading together threads.

Oh, I doubt most Fishies will care even  to respond; it is not like this is FishEaters 2009.

Things were more lively back then, I take it?
(04-09-2015, 12:33 AM)Dirigible Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 11:14 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 01:39 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 11:54 AM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: If we are willing to Socrates a type of pre-Christian saint . . .

Bourbs, you're probably going to take a lot of Kirish**an for that.

Lol--I see what you did there: threading together threads.

Oh, I doubt most Fishies will care even  to respond; it is not like this is FishEaters 2009.

Things were more lively back then, I take it?

Oh,you have no idea. I started lurking, I believe, in 2008. By 2009, the tank had really gotten hot. Often vitriolic, usually humorous, always entertaining. I understand why certain posters were banned, so I am definitely not questioning Vox's executive prerogatives. Also, I understand why certain posters left for other fora or for non-fora reality. However, that being said, the following made for an active tank: DK, Scipio, Underdog, jovan66102, Someone1776, Walty, Arun, icecream, Vetus Ordo, Tim (RIP), WhollyRoaminCatholic, Canadian Catholic, DrBombay, Credo, Hawaii Five-O, matthew_talbot, Rosarium, Mithrandylan, alaric, PeterII, CollegeCatholic, The_Harlequin_King, voxpopulisuxx, Iolanthe, ggreg, etc. That list is just a sampling.

Once again, this is by no means meant as a criticism of administrative decisions or to indicate that I  necessarily would like to see all these posters return (if they could).
There are plenty more fish in the sea.  :awww:
Who was that one fellow who apostatized to Muhammedanism?
(04-16-2015, 01:55 AM)Cyriacus Wrote: Who was that one fellow who apostatized to Muhammedanism?

You are probably thinking of Credo. That being said, I do not know if he actually did. I do remember that toward the end of his stay at FE he started to refer regularly to Muslim scholars, texts, etc. I think that, more than anything, he may have been simply acting the contrarian. I was not involved then , so I do not want to say much more. I will say, however, that I usually found his posts to be thoughtful, well-written, and a nice balance to much of the rambunctiousness during that time.
There was someone else before him, who said he was leaving Catholicism for Sufi Islam. I believe it was a poster from New Zealand.
Not to mention that Marty bloke...
(04-09-2015, 01:18 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: Oh,you have no idea. I started lurking, I believe, in 2008. By 2009, the tank had really gotten hot. Often vitriolic, usually humorous, always entertaining. I understand why certain posters were banned, so I am definitely not questioning Vox's executive prerogatives. Also, I understand why certain posters left for other fora or for non-fora reality. However, that being said, the following made for an active tank: DK, Scipio, Underdog, jovan66102, Someone1776, Walty, Arun, icecream, Vetus Ordo, Tim (RIP), WhollyRoaminCatholic, Canadian Catholic, DrBombay, Credo, Hawaii Five-O, matthew_talbot, Rosarium, Mithrandylan, alaric, PeterII, CollegeCatholic, The_Harlequin_King, voxpopulisuxx, Iolanthe, ggreg, etc. That list is just a sampling.

Once again, this is by no means meant as a criticism of administrative decisions or to indicate that I  necessarily would like to see all these posters return (if they could).
Oh, him.  :eyeroll:  :P

(05-07-2015, 12:36 AM)Orville_B_Croft Wrote: Not to mention that Marty bloke...
(04-09-2015, 01:18 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: Oh,you have no idea. I started lurking, I believe, in 2008. By 2009, the tank had really gotten hot. Often vitriolic, usually humorous, always entertaining. I understand why certain posters were banned, so I am definitely not questioning Vox's executive prerogatives. Also, I understand why certain posters left for other fora or for non-fora reality. However, that being said, the following made for an active tank: DK, Scipio, Underdog, jovan66102, Someone1776, Walty, Arun, icecream, Vetus Ordo, Tim (RIP), WhollyRoaminCatholic, Canadian Catholic, DrBombay, Credo, Hawaii Five-O, matthew_talbot, Rosarium, Mithrandylan, alaric, PeterII, CollegeCatholic, The_Harlequin_King, voxpopulisuxx, Iolanthe, ggreg, etc. That list is just a sampling.

I remember a fair few of those names. Some of them are directly responsible (I think) for a lot of good, honest folk retreating in horror from what was supposed to be a discussion of things of Catholic interest. A number of them I suspect were paid good money by an Enemy to make seem ridiculous a Catholic discussion. (I don't think a Catholic discussion is a pompous, pretentious twaddle. Even as a child I remember the Catholic exchange of views in the churchyard after Mass).

Anyhow, Jezebel is an untouchable enemy-within-the-gate these days. Anyone who dares criticise a perverse woman will be ostracised at every level.