Christians, Behold Your New God!
(04-22-2015, 02:27 PM)Dirigible Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 07:40 PM)Praetyre Wrote: Bulbasaur is a Baptist? I could have sworn he was Catholic; he has been (surprisingly) quite positve about the Holy Father and refers to the Eucharist as the medicine of immortality here; http://therightstuff.biz/2014/05/04/matt...dgisphere/

He found Catholicism unbearably liberal and for that reason rejected it, after dabbling with it.

He found Catholicism liberal and then joined a sect literally created in modernity? :LOL:
(04-22-2015, 03:42 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(04-22-2015, 02:27 PM)Dirigible Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 07:40 PM)Praetyre Wrote: Bulbasaur is a Baptist? I could have sworn he was Catholic; he has been (surprisingly) quite positve about the Holy Father and refers to the Eucharist as the medicine of immortality here; http://therightstuff.biz/2014/05/04/matt...dgisphere/

He found Catholicism unbearably liberal and for that reason rejected it, after dabbling with it.

He found Catholicism liberal and then joined a sect literally created in modernity? :LOL:

He's not a deep thinker on religious matters.  Still, it's understandable: what's an outsider from a Protestant background to think when all he sees on the ground is NO madness?
(04-13-2015, 06:04 PM)Dirigible Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 05:44 PM)Praetyre Wrote: Back on topic; I'm actually rather surprised to see TRS make an appearance here, though they (and the related neoreactionary movement) do possess more than a few Catholics/Traditionalist Catholics among their fold.

TRS itself doesn't. The closest thing is Bulbasaur, who is a Baptist. The broader neoreactionary crowd certainly does, however, and they've had at least one TradCat on their podcast (Nick B Steves of Social Matter; I highly recommend his podcast Ascending the Tower).

I've listened to some of this podcast since you recommended it. Some episodes are quite nice (in one of those there was a nice critique of meritocracy that I haven't thought about, simple though it is; they failed to link it with the populism they later criticized, though it was right there on one's face the common link between the two; in other episodes they seen to empathize with libertarians, which would be a contradiction, wt…). Some parts were a bit amateurish, and I'm naturally suspicious of modern ideologies—that fella you said moved to a baptist sect because he didn't like his NO parish, for instance, looks like the typical example of some folks that I see around, who are firstly anti-something and then Catholics, and are just Catholics because they are anti-something, which is an inversion and is ultimately yet another facet of the revolutionary mind.

Why all the fear surrounding these folks? It didn't look that polemical.