Traditional catholic arguments against Zionism.
Although I'm not an Israeli citizen, you can read a nice recommendation from an Israeli/Indian/US citizen close friend of mine, Avi Solomon, on my LinkedIn page, which is linked under my screen name.

Former Israeli military guy.  One of the kindest people I've ever met.

(04-08-2015, 06:58 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Although I'm not an Israeli citizen, you can read a nice recommendation from an Israeli/Indian/US citizen close friend of mine, Avi Solomon, on my LinkedIn page, which is linked under my screen name.

Former Israeli military guy.  One of the kindest people I've ever met.

Can't seem to find it, Clare.  Can you link it here, perhaps?
J Michael, it's the little light blue button that says "in" under my picture next to this post, to the right of Facebook and Google+.

But here is the direct link:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/ClareMulliganEsq
(04-08-2015, 07:07 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: J Michael, it's the little light blue button that says "in" under my picture next to this post, to the right of Facebook and Google+.

But here is the direct link:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/ClareMulliganEsq

Ooopsies...I should've been clearer.  What I couldn't find was the recommendation by Avi Solomon on the linkedin page.  Sorry, 'bout that.

Or, you could just p.m. me, if that works better.
(04-08-2015, 07:13 PM)J Michael Wrote: What I couldn't find was the recommendation by Avi Solomon on the linkedin page.

You have to be on LinkedIn to read it.

Here it is:

Quote:Avi Solomon
Technical Patent Writer at Outbrain
Clare was my immigration lawyer from 2008 until 2012 when I finally became a US citizen. Clare guided me through all the twists and turns of this long bureaucratic journey with unswerving dedication and expert professionalism. I highly recommend Clare for any tackling any immigration-related challenges anyone might have.

September 15, 2014, Avi was Clare's client

When Avi lived in Philadelphia, I would go to see him and his wife and little boy.  Always thoughtful.  Never harsh.  I miss him very much.

My best friend at Edison Junior High School in West Orange, NJ, David, was a Jew.

My best friend at Shore Regional High School in West Long Branch, NJ, Nancy, was a Jewish girl who was trying to live as an Orthodox Jew in a Conservative Jewish family.  I learned a lot about Judaism from her.

I have a large number of friends and acquaintances now who are Jewish or come from a Jewish background.  These are people I love and respect.

Jews are not abstractions.  They are people.  That's why I am naming them and being very specific.

Reality is so much more interesting than ideology.  I highly recommend it.
Read E. Michael Jones's book THE REVOLUTIONARY JEW (get it on his website) it explains the Catholic-Jewish teaching over the centuries like no other book.

http://www.culturewars.com/books.htm          THE 3RD BOOK ON THE LIST
I guess the only true argument from a Christian perspective against Zionism would be that Zionism seeks to "create a Jewish state" and in doing so, rejects Rex Christi and promotes heresy.

That's really the only Catholic argument I can think of.
I'm very curious about this answer St. Pius X gave Herzl, that he cannot approve of a creation of a non-religious state, and this is worse than the creation of a state under a false religion. What does he mean by that? Is it worse to create America than to create an Islamic State? This sounds clearly false.

As a secular nation I have no problem with Israel or Zionism (but then again, I'm not American so my political class is not constantly waiting on Israelis). I mean, Jews are a people even if they accept Christ—like the Chinese are still Chinese when they convert. Why not have their land? We can afterwards go there and evangelize everyone.
The question of creating a nation should be answered through geopolitical analysis. And looking at the issue I don't think I would prefer Mohammedans dominating Israel. So, as it stands today and as far as my understanding goes, I'm mildly in favor of the nation of Israel's existence.

(04-08-2015, 10:04 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I'm very curious about this answer St. Pius X gave Herzl, that he cannot approve of a creation of a non-religious state, and this is worse than the creation of a state under a false religion. What does he mean by that? Is it worse to create America than to create an Islamic State? This sounds clearly false.

As a secular nation I have no problem with Israel or Zionism (but then again, I'm not American so my political class is not constantly waiting on Israelis). I mean, Jews are a people even if they accept Christ—like the Chinese are still Chinese when they convert. Why not have their land? We can afterwards go there and evangelize everyone.
The question of creating a nation should be answered through geopolitical analysis. And looking at the issue I don't think I would prefer Mohammedans dominating Israel. So, as it stands today and as far as my understanding goes, I'm mildly in favor of the nation of Israel's existence.

Remember Saint Pope Pius X gave his answer in response to the results of merciless persecution of Christians in secular nations as opposed to Middle-Eastern Islamic nations. Remember the Islamic world was far different during that time, than the typical ISIS-world we see today. The Ottoman Empire respected the Holy Sites of Jerusalem and for the most part respected Christians. It was the secular nation-states like France during the French Revolution, or Germany during Bismark's kulturekampf that were actively persecuting Catholics and imprisoning, exiling, and even murdering clergy.

I am not surprised given the increasing influence of Masonry outside and inside the Vatican. We are talking about a Pope who wrote the manifesto outlining the evils of Modernism. So it's no surprise he was preferable to an Islamic state as opposed to a secular.
While I am not sympathetic to the false equivalency of the modern Vatican approach towards Rabbinical Judaism or Muslims, I am instinctively wary of anyone using the word Zionism, as it always almost used as a pejorative usually with Palestinian sympathies, of which I am even less sympathetic to.