Traditional catholic arguments against Zionism.
(04-11-2015, 07:21 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Well, the Arabs hold a huge part of the world's real estate, and the Jews have a little strip of land (that doesn't even have oil, as far as I know). Suddenly every Arab is so interested in that land.
I really don't know why all the hysteria because some Jews moved to Israel and founded a state.

Because they're Jews.  I'm sitting here trying to think of a race/ethnicity/religion that throughout history has been more vilified, justifiably so or not, than the Jews.  So far I'm drawing a blank.
(04-11-2015, 01:14 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 07:21 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Well, the Arabs hold a huge part of the world's real estate, and the Jews have a little strip of land (that doesn't even have oil, as far as I know). Suddenly every Arab is so interested in that land.
I really don't know why all the hysteria because some Jews moved to Israel and founded a state.

Because they're Jews.  I'm sitting here trying to think of a race/ethnicity/religion that throughout history has been more vilified, justifiably so or not, than the Jews.  So far I'm drawing a blank.

Don't bring that argument to a black man of the Nation of Islam....you'll hear that they are the most oppressed.  :LOL:
(04-11-2015, 01:14 PM)J Michael Wrote: Because they're Jews.  I'm sitting here trying to think of a race/ethnicity/religion that throughout history has been more vilified, justifiably so or not, than the Jews.  So far I'm drawing a blank.

Gypsies had and have it bad.
(04-11-2015, 06:13 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 01:14 PM)J Michael Wrote: Because they're Jews.  I'm sitting here trying to think of a race/ethnicity/religion that throughout history has been more vilified, justifiably so or not, than the Jews.  So far I'm drawing a blank.

You'll get no argument from me about that.  Maybe they need their own country, too.  Didn't they originate in Northern India?  India for the Romani!!
(04-11-2015, 08:21 PM)J Michael Wrote:

You'll get no argument from me about that.  Maybe they need their own country, too.  Didn't they originate in Northern India?  India for the Romani!!

Gypsis are nomads, they would never accept a nation of their own.
(04-11-2015, 08:59 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 08:21 PM)J Michael Wrote:

Gypsis are nomads, they would never accept a nation of their own.

The world for the Romani!! :LOL:
In a few administrative districts in Eastern Europe, they amount to the majority.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...a_2011.PNG
Perhaps some sort of territorial, sovereign status could be arranged, analogous to First Nations/Indian reserves in the United States and Canada.

I am in favor of such arrangements as a general principle. Immediately after the U.S. Invasion of Iraq, territory within the United States should have been set aside for ethno-religious minorities with insufficient populations and resources to defend themselves in the "New Iraq," like Mandaeans and the Assyro-Chaldean people, in order to avert genocide.

Likewise, during the years of the Third Reich, the United States should have had the moral courage not only to accept and save the millions of Jews that Hitler wanted to eradicate by murder and deportation, but to offer them a self-governing, sovereign territory on American soil, where they could preserve and develop their culture as European Jews, rather than just becoming Americans.
(04-09-2015, 11:41 PM)Ave Castitatis Lilium Wrote: If there was any time an Arab war against Israel was just, it was in 1948.

And by losing... badly, they all but confirmed Israel's affirmed right to existence.  Let's not forget that the Arab civilian evacuation of Israel was in presumption of escaping the upcoming bloodbath.  Which makes the "Right of Return" so much more absurd in context.  I pity the poor Palestinians who are the victim of Arab propaganda.  They are now exactly what they were NOT in 1948 (much less before), when Palestinian was an adjective based on location rather than a distinct national identity and who would have been citizens of Jordan, Egypt, or Syria, etc instead... 

They SHOULD have their own state.  With the understanding that they cannot expect to exist for long if they tacitly, much less overtly, support Intifada and the destruction of Israel. 

Don't get me wrong, though... If I had my way, the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem would be there instead... just sayin'.