Pope Francis expects his end to be sudden, "not a natural end"
Pope Francis once said that he thought he had only  "two or three years" to be pope. He then chopped the air with his hand.

“This pope seems to be in a hurry to get as much done as he can, as if he’s got a deadline,” Marco Politi, a Vatican expert, said at a small roundtable discussion on Francis and the length of his papacy last week. “He keeps talking about how his time is short, but it’s not because he’s sick. He has told his friends that he feels it will be an ‘event’ that wipes him out, not a natural end.”
Maybe the pope is just spinning us to draw attention to his great themes, like the importance of mercy. But if Francis’s premonitions are right and he suddenly disappears from the scene, a Holy Jubilee Year is a great farewell."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/29/is-pope-francis-planning-a-last-hurrah.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29

C.
Perhaps it has to do with 2017 ...
Sounds like more vague-jesuitism from his holiness. I'm not sure why he's so fond of them, though I suspect his own intentions and goals are as much a mystery to him as they are to us.
You know, he keeps saying that, and I get the distinct impression that it's because ultimately he wants to be a martyr. The question is, a martyr for what? The Church? VII? Some other thing?
If I was forced to take a stab at it, I think his holiness is expecting to retire in two years or so.
(04-14-2015, 11:52 AM)Leonhard Wrote: If I was forced to take a stab at it, I think his holiness is expecting to retire in two years or so.

The sooner the better!!!!! 
Nah. His holiness is planning some skydiving adventures or running with the bulls in Spain. He really is so random, it wouldn't surprise me.
Definitely a heart attack.  He's spent his entire pontificate gaining a tremendous amount of weight eating pasta and spaghetti.  Gone are the days of penance, sacrifice and self-denial in the Vatican
(04-14-2015, 02:52 AM)Pro Tridentina (Malta) Wrote: Perhaps it has to do with 2017 ...

Is there something important about 2017?
(04-14-2015, 07:40 PM)information Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 02:52 AM)Pro Tridentina (Malta) Wrote: Perhaps it has to do with 2017 ...

Is there something important about 2017?

I was kinda wondering that too.