Online Masses?
Do you know of any traditional Masses that are broadcast online?  I do know of St. Gertrudes and the shrine of St. Jude but are there any others?

There is the Live Mass thing, here.
(04-21-2015, 05:42 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: Do you know of any traditional Masses that are broadcast online?  I do know of St. Gertrudes and the shrine of St. Jude but are there any others?
Watching broadcast masses online does not satisfy for your Sunday obligation to assist at mass.
(04-21-2015, 11:48 PM)Poche Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 05:42 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: Do you know of any traditional Masses that are broadcast online?  I do know of St. Gertrudes and the shrine of St. Jude but are there any others?
Watching broadcast masses online does not satisfy for your Sunday obligation to assist at mass.

I don't think that's the intention. Some people like to watch them for educational purposes (learning the Mass) or just out of devotion.
(04-21-2015, 11:48 PM)Poche Wrote:

Even if one is unable to attend?  But then, I guess if one is unable, the obligation is dispensed anyway, right?
It would be awesome if one could meet the Mass obligation by watching an online Mass and praying fervently throughout. I would hope the Church would consider it someday.
Many weeks, because of my health, I am unable to be physically present at Mass.Watching an online Mass and praying along is very helpful.
(04-23-2015, 06:53 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: It would be awesome if one could meet the Mass obligation by watching an online Mass and praying fervently throughout. I would hope the Church would consider it someday.

I could see the desire, but I just can't see it happening ever.

Money is the first issue. If you could just sit at home and watch the Mass for free, your local church won't get any of your money. They wouldn't be all too happy about this. Even if they made it so you had to donate to watch, people wouldn't necessarily watch the Mass of their local church.

Also, even the pews would be even more empty than they currently are. Imagine if 50% of the people (who actually still go to Mass) just stopped going to Mass in person. How empty the churches would be in such a situation.

Lastly, one cannot be in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist when they are not in the church. Even if one was not intending to receive Communion (for whatever reason), being the presence of the Eucharist is surely more beneficial to someone than only seeing it on a television or computer monitor.