With the Rosary we will win
A Nigerian bishop has said that Jesus appeared to him and told him that the Boko Haram terrorist group can be defeated by the Rosary.

Bishop Oliver Dashe Doeme of Maiduguri told the Catholic News Agency that he was praying in his chapel when he experienced a vision, in which Jesus handed him a sword that turned into a rosary. “I didn’t need any prophet to give me the explanation,” he said. “It was clear that with the rosary we would be able to expel Boko Haram.”

The bishop said that he now feels compelled by the Holy Spirit to spread the message that the Rosary is the key to defeating the terrorist menace that has plagued his diocese in northeastern Nigeria.

Bishop Dashe reports that in the Maiduguri diocese, where Boko Haram has been particularly active, there were about 125,000 Catholics in 2009. That number has dropped to “only 50,000 to 60,000” today, he said, because so many families have fled to escape the threat of violence.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=24683
Pray for me that I can be a part of this and use the weapon of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Regina del Paradiso against the evil boko haram
This has the ring of truth for me.
The Rosary  is important as a weapon in Africa and in the need for the Consecration  of Russia
Authentic prayerat all is an effective weapon. Christians can be channels of grace through which Jesus Christ works to drive out evil.
The Soviets were driven out of Austria by a Rosary Crusade. I will offer my intention in my daily Rosary for Boko Haram to be defeated!
This reminds me of that story recently about emails containing alleged messages from the Virgin Mary being sent around in Ivory Coast, though I believe those were condemned. I wonder if anyone has written much about Marian piety in West Africa.
(04-23-2015, 08:09 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: This reminds me of that story recently about emails containing alleged messages from the Virgin Mary being sent around in Ivory Coast, though I believe those were condemned. I wonder if anyone has written much about Marian piety in West Africa.

They are not at all the same, other than that they allegedly occurred in sub-Saharan Africa and purport to be supernatural.  The vision described in the original post has the taste of authentic supernatural communications:  it is symbolic, dignified and economical, as it were.  It communicates nothing more than is required.  And it comports with Catholic tradition, both regarding form and content.

The "text messages" are farcical.

I usually find attention to apparitions to be excessive and detrimental to spiritual life.  Here, however, there is a real need for encouragement of Christians in Nigeria.  That is another reason to give this credence.
Sure, I didn't meant to suggest that the two incidents are identical. I merely wanted to say that, in light of these two stories, it would be interesting to know more about Marian piety in West Africa. I suppose the usual stereotype is that it appeals to people in places like Africa because it is "pagan" and "superstitious," and perhaps there is a certain grain of truth in that, but my guess is that those sorts of statements are probably a reflection of the prejudices of secular and Protestant Westerners more than anything else. So, I think it would be interesting know more about, say, the reception of Marian devotions within the context of the cultures of West Africa.
(04-23-2015, 07:23 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The Soviets were driven out of Austria by a Rosary Crusade. I will offer my intention in my daily Rosary for Boko Haram to be defeated!
Let us not settle for Boko Haram, but all of their affiliates. I pray for their conversion.