New Classical High School Forming
In local news (to Grand Rapids, MI) Sacred Heart Academy is expanding to become a high school as well.  Starting next year they will have K-9th and then add another year each year until they are K-12.  The main priest at the parish is Father Robert Sirico who has written some good books and founded the Acton Institute  (see more about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Sirico).  He seems quite tradition minded (says TLM at noon on Sunday's as well as during the week I believe).

Anyway, long story short, it looks like it will be a return to classic Catholic education (daily mass, weekly adoration, frequent confession, ect) plus kids learn things that are actually going to help them improve (language, logic, rhetoric, Latin, Greek, ect). 

I'll be looking at this option seriously when my kids get closer to that age:
http://sacredheartacademygr.org/high-school/

Just thought it was a little good news for once.

God Bless

Michael
This sounds like a good project and I hope it succeeds. I've had a couple of minor interactions with Fr. Sirico and I've always been impressed, which surprises me a little because I'm not a big fan of his Libertarian thought. Granted I will admit he tends to be a bit more aristocratic in his thinking unlike some libertarians, but ultimately I think his enthusiasm for the abstract market is misplaced.

Interestingly, his older brother is actor Tony Sirico who is most famous for playing Paulie Walnuts on the Sopranos.
(04-27-2015, 04:00 PM)MeanGene Wrote: This sounds like a good project and I hope it succeeds. I've had a couple of minor interactions with Fr. Sirico and I've always been impressed, which surprises me a little because I'm not a big fan of his Libertarian thought. Granted I will admit he tends to be a bit more aristocratic in his thinking unlike some libertarians, but ultimately I think his enthusiasm for the abstract market is misplaced.

Interestingly, his older brother is actor Tony Sirico who is most famous for playing Paulie Walnuts on the Sopranos.

I've only read one of his books and saw him at mass while my brother was getting confirmed earlier this year.  My brother goes to his parish and he has really helped to reinvigorate the parish and school where he is pastor. 

I didn't know he was Paulie Walnuts' brother!  I LOVED Sopranos when it was on! 

God Bless

Michael