Has Russia Been Consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?
(05-29-2015, 03:42 PM)maldon Wrote: I have no dog in this fight, so to speak. The world is what it is. Certainly Russia is a lot better off now than when the consecrations ("enough" or "not enough) took place, and certainly the West is a lot worse now as well. I am devoted to Our Lady, with or without Fatima, which I do believe in, but i stay away from controversies which I cannot hope to have the information to resolve.

I am just curious about something, for those of you in the "no" camp: what do you do with Sr. Lucia's insistence that the Consecration has been done, or at least done "enough"? Do you disbelieve Sr. Lucia, or is this where people believe that there is a real Sr. Lucia and a fake Sr. Lucia and all that jazz?

So, are there reasons to doubt Sr. Lucia herself? Or, in order to be in the "no" camp, must one necessarily believe in a wild (be it true or not) conspiracy theory?

The Fatima Center and their supporters bring forth quite a lot of decent sounding theories as to why the consecration was not done, why there is a Third Secret that has never been revealed etc. it's pretty wild stuff and some of it approaches conspiracy theory craziness but some of it is quite plausible.

Russia was a sacramental Christian nation for almost a thousand years before communism,it's not as if it's something extraordinary that after the collapse of the iron curtain Russia should return to its deeply rooted Orthodox patrimony. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Fatima, although it might. Russia had monasteries, saints,Wonderworking icons and a lively piety for nearly a millennium and the younger generation wants to return to what is rightfully part of the russian soul.

We ought to rejoice that Russians seem to be returning to the Orthodoxy of their past. There's nothing wrong with hoping for them to become Eastern Catholics though. That would be ideal, but I say it'll happen when hell freezes over. In spirit maybe some Orthodox are close to us,I don't doubt it, but I don't forsee there being some sort of corporate reunion in my lifetime if ever.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Has Russia Been Consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary? - by formerbuddhist - 05-29-2015, 04:23 PM