Raymond Arroyo Will Interview Cardinal Kasper
Mother Angelica wouldn't have hesitated to call out a Cardinal.  God bless her. She's probably offering up her sufferings right now that the Church won't get derailed into heresy at the upcoming synod.
(06-02-2015, 12:40 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Cardinal Kasper will display politesse and Raymond Arroyo will be deferential and seek "special insight" into the priorities of Pope Francis.  There will be much smiling.

Accord.

It will be a major yawner.  I doubt whether "the hard questions" will be asked, or, if any of them make it through the filter, they will be asked so saccharinely (is that a word?) and dodged in such a polite manner that Mary Poppins could not do better.

Now if we could see pre-stroke Mother Angelica interview Cardinal Kasper...  Imagine how un-Arroyo the questioning would be from the nun who famously told the USCB when they wanted to place their own editors on EWTN: "I'll blow the damn thing up before you get your hands on it."  Reminds me a little of my Nana. :grin:
Sent an email to Raymond.  Hopefully that will stiffen his backbone a little
(06-02-2015, 12:40 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Cardinal Kasper will display politesse and Raymond Arroyo will be deferential and seek "special insight" into the priorities of Pope Francis.

There will be much smiling.

Hear no problems in the Church, see no problems in the Church, speak of no problems in the Church.
While I don't expect much from this interview I will try to watch it.  Arroyo, from what I have seen, is not exactly a 'hard hitting interviewer' but he also doesn't seem to be in the Kasper camp.

Let us all pray that the Holy Spirit give Mr. Arroyo an extra serving of fortitude for this interview and that he does the right thing.

God Bless

Michael
(06-03-2015, 10:02 AM)Michael Levanduski Wrote: While I don't expect much from this interview I will try to watch it.  Arroyo, from what I have seen, is not exactly a 'hard hitting interviewer' but he also doesn't seem to be in the Kasper camp.

Let us all pray that the Holy Spirit give Mr. Arroyo an extra serving of fortitude for this interview and that he does the right thing.

God Bless

Michael
Arroyo did press the then Cardinal Ratzinger about his comment to the effect that the Old Covenant could be a mean of salvation for the Jews.
Has anyone seen the interview?  Would be interested in a transcript or summary of how it went.  Thank you!
Part 1 of the interview is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=334&v=xeRQltA_inE
(06-06-2015, 10:48 AM)Dave01 Wrote: Part 1 of the interview is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=334&v=xeRQltA_inE

Thanks for posting.  I'm only about 10 minutes in, but Arroyo seems to be doing a good job so far. 

I'll be watching the rest tomorrow.

God Bless

Michael