Is this the end for Medjugorje?
A few days ago we heard that the Holy See was ready to make its final decision on M. sometime soon.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/201...e-francis/

Today, we learned that the Pope has allegedly disparaged the visions:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/d...ons-20781/

If a verdict of constat de non supernaturalitate is rubber stamped by the Pope I will be delighted. I have lost a close friend due to this demonic enterprise. 

However, I am sceptical anything will come of this. Haven't we heard this before? A verdict was said to have been due to be given before the end of 2012.

I will believe it when I see it.

I would personally be grateful to read a Papal statement saying that Medjugorje is not approved as an official apparition. From what I've heard attributed to Our Lady, the whole thing sounds a lot like a bunch of religious indifferentism. Hopefully then, the people who have been following it will turn to a more orthodox and approved apparition, such as Guadalupe or Fatima.
Pope Francis encouraged the faithful to be on guard against “visionaries” – in a remark that seemed to aimed at the ‘seers’ of Medjugorje--during his homily at Mass on June 9.

In a comment about Christians who search constantly for some special new insight, some novelty in the faith, the Pope said: “Where are the visionaries who can tell us exactly what message Our Lady will be sending at four in the morning?”

Although the Pope did not identify any particular “visionaries,” his comment came just a few days after he had been asked to make a public statement on the alleged apparitions at Medjugorje. Several of the people who claim to have experienced visions of the Virgin Mary still report regular daily apparitions, and even announce in advance when those visions will occur.

In his homily Pope Francis was arguing against the “modern Gnostics” who practice a “slightly ethereal spirituality” and search for a special mystical vision, and base their faith on private revelations.

“This identity is not Christian,” the Holy Father said. The Gnostic approach, he argued, is as wrong-headed as that of those who seek to avoid the scandal of the Cross. He reminded his congregation: “God’s final Word is Jesus, and nothing else.”

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=25196
(06-10-2015, 12:34 AM)Poche Wrote: Pope Francis encouraged the faithful to be on guard against “visionaries” – in a remark that seemed to aimed at the ‘seers’ of Medjugorje--during his homily at Mass on June 9.

In a comment about Christians who search constantly for some special new insight, some novelty in the faith, the Pope said: “Where are the visionaries who can tell us exactly what message Our Lady will be sending at four in the morning?”

Although the Pope did not identify any particular “visionaries,” his comment came just a few days after he had been asked to make a public statement on the alleged apparitions at Medjugorje. Several of the people who claim to have experienced visions of the Virgin Mary still report regular daily apparitions, and even announce in advance when those visions will occur.

In his homily Pope Francis was arguing against the “modern Gnostics” who practice a “slightly ethereal spirituality” and search for a special mystical vision, and base their faith on private revelations.

“This identity is not Christian,” the Holy Father said. The Gnostic approach, he argued, is as wrong-headed as that of those who seek to avoid the scandal of the Cross. He reminded his congregation: “God’s final Word is Jesus, and nothing else.”

http://www.catholic culture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=25196

Wow. This good stuff.
The Holy Father is absolutely correct.  I myself am convinced that Medjugorje is a mixture of the demonic and the human.

However, I am concerned about the many Catholics who have utter faith in this phenomenon and who have built their faith lives upon it.  Very concerned.  They deserve compassion and a very great sensitivity so that they do not lose their faith.  It's a real danger.

I would urge anyone who knows someone in this situation to do his utmost to gently steer the person to the teaching of the Church, the sacraments, the Gospels, the lives and writings of the saints, etc.  Ask yourselves what they were really looking for when they became involved in Medjugorje.

It's time for spiritual works of mercy, not "I told you so's."
(06-10-2015, 10:00 AM)Papist Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 12:34 AM)Poche Wrote: Pope Francis encouraged the faithful to be on guard against “visionaries” – in a remark that seemed to aimed at the ‘seers’ of Medjugorje--during his homily at Mass on June 9.

Wow. This good stuff.

Yes, it is.  Finally something approaching unambiguous and non-political from our Pope's mouth.
(06-10-2015, 01:03 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 10:00 AM)Papist Wrote:

Wow. This good stuff.

Yes, it is.  Finally something approaching unambiguous and non-political from our Pope's mouth.

And something clearly and unambiguously in keeping with Holy Tradition.
I am really thinking on how to convert those Medjugorje Gospa statues...

N.
(06-11-2015, 05:35 AM)Neopelagianus Wrote: I am really thinking on how to convert those Medjugorje Gospa statues...

N.
Perhaps you can find some vestments that fit the statues that are more in keeping with your Filipino culture?
There is a lot of money involved in this nonsense.  Never underestimate the amount of pressure that can be brought to bear on the Holy Father to "just say nothing" about it. 

The human element of the Church is failing spectacularly at this point.  Should Medjugorje be condemned unequivocally?  Yes.  Will it be done?

As the OP said: I will believe it when I see it.