Is this the end for Medjugorje?
(06-11-2015, 06:30 PM)Love much Wrote:
(06-11-2015, 05:35 AM)Neopelagianus Wrote: I am really thinking on how to convert those Medjugorje Gospa statues...

N.
Perhaps you can find some vestments that fit the statues that are more in keeping with your Filipino culture?
Perhaps I will suggest if such a judgement of the Holy See is forthcoming.

Many of them are "de vestir", meaning, they do not have any fully carved body, instead, they have mannequin bodies that are draped over with vestments. If in any case that the Holy See declare the Medjugorje phenomena as false, I will suggest that those who own Medjugorje statues to convert these into statues representing the Immaculate Concepcion of Our Lady or Our Lady of the Flowers. The Medjugorje hoax is a bit popular in the Philippines, although I see that Filipinos are more devoted to Our Lady of Fatima or local titles such as Nuestra Señora del Santissímo Rosario La Naval de Manila or Nuestra Señora del Santissimo Rosario de Manaoag. I myself am devoted to both, and to add to that list:

- Nuestra Señora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga (my avatar)
- Nuestra Señora la Virgen Milagrosa de Orani
- Nuestra Señora dela Inmaculada Concepcion (any representation of her, from the Murillo types such as those from Naíc, a town whose name is an acronym for "Nuestra Adorada Inmaculada Concepcíon")
-Nuestra Señora de la Paz y Buenviaje (a depiction of La Purisima Concepcion)
- Nuestra Señora dela Medalla Milagrosa (I was born on her feast day! And since it is also a depiction of the Immaculate Concepcion, that would explain my affection for that image)

N.
Father Federico Lombardi, the director of the Vatican press office, told the National Catholic Register that a Vatican ruling on the authenticity of the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorje is not likely to come soon.

On June 6, in a discussion with reporters aboard his plane as he returned from a visit to Sarajevo, Pope Francis said, “We are close to coming to a decision” regarding the Medjugorje phenomenon. A papal committee, convened by Pope Benedict XVI and chaired by Cardinal Camillo Ruini, investigated the reported apparitions and has submitted its findings. Pope Francis said that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) would weigh that report at a meeting, called a feria quarta, soon.

However, Father Lombardi disclosed that the feria quarta has not yet taken place, and it is unlikely that all the prelates who are members of the CDF will gather in Rome for the meeting during the summer.

“So if you ask me: days, weeks or months? I think it would be safest to say a few months,” Father Lombardi said.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=25244

Soon?
It looks like there is normal time. Then there is the time for cultures where people usually come late. Then there is Vatican time which is like God's time. A thousand years is a day and "soon" could still be several months or even years away.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(06-13-2015, 02:00 AM)Poche Wrote: Father Federico Lombardi, the director of the Vatican press office, told the National Catholic Register that a Vatican ruling on the authenticity of the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorje is not likely to come soon.

On June 6, in a discussion with reporters aboard his plane as he returned from a visit to Sarajevo, Pope Francis said, “We are close to coming to a decision” regarding the Medjugorje phenomenon. A papal committee, convened by Pope Benedict XVI and chaired by Cardinal Camillo Ruini, investigated the reported apparitions and has submitted its findings. Pope Francis said that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) would weigh that report at a meeting, called a feria quarta, soon.

However, Father Lombardi disclosed that the feria quarta has not yet taken place, and it is unlikely that all the prelates who are members of the CDF will gather in Rome for the meeting during the summer.

“So if you ask me: days, weeks or months? I think it would be safest to say a few months,” Father Lombardi said.

http://www.catholic culture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=25244

Soon?
It looks like there is normal time. Then there is the time for cultures where people usually come late. Then there is Vatican time which is like God's time. A thousand years is a day and "soon" could still be several months or even years away.
Soon, soon my foot!

Darn...

N.
I don't think we'll see an unambiguous and official condemnation of this pseudo apparition in our lifetimes, if ever. The Vatican has been talking about final decisions regarding this matter for years now, it's not like anything ever comes of it.

Pope Francis does appear to be telling people not to go apparition chasing which is a good thing, but unambiguously condemning the Medjugorge phenemonon he is not. 

At any rate it's nice to see him saying something a bit stronger than what we are used to, and it's good advice. Apparitions should never be the be all end all of ones faith even if they are given approval, but especially those alleged apparitions that are not approved.