Patriarchy?
Is it wrong to be pro patriarchy? It seems more biblically correct then this modern bs narrative of radical equality. I ask because the modern world is driving me further and further into these views that are seen as "intolerant".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course its not wrong.

Don't worry that much about being labeled an intolerant (I mean, be careful not to lose your job), this is mostly non-sense.
(06-14-2015, 09:13 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: Is it wrong to be pro patriarchy? It seems more biblically correct then this modern bs narrative of radical equality. I ask because the modern world is driving me further and further into these views that are seen as "intolerant".

Radical equality is feminist speak for "utter a word to make a man go poof" (http://news.yahoo.com/nobel-prize-winnin...43022.html).

(06-14-2015, 06:59 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 09:13 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: Is it wrong to be pro patriarchy? It seems more biblically correct then this modern bs narrative of radical equality. I ask because the modern world is driving me further and further into these views that are seen as "intolerant".

Radical equality is feminist speak for "utter a word to make a man go poof" (http://news.yahoo.com/nobel-prize-winnin...43022.html).

I heard about that. It's ridiculous that he got stripped of everything. For Gosh sakes he's 72 years old why do people act surprised and his view on women should have nothing to do with his merits as a scientist. 

Five tiny paragraphs in the text we see that magical word “rape”--maybe “rape” should be involved in a new Godwin's law.  :LOL:

And of course, it didn't matter his previous actions as a promoter of Gender equality: an innocent little joke will destroy your career.

Also, I'm noticing Twitter is a major player in all these things. I'm starting to think Twitter is Satanic.

The cosmos is a patriarchy.

(06-14-2015, 07:31 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:

Five tiny paragraphs in the text we see that magical word “rape”--maybe “rape” should be involved in a new Godwin's law.  :LOL:

And of course, it didn't matter his previous actions as a promoter of Gender equality: an innocent little joke will destroy your career.

Also, I'm noticing Twitter is a major player in all these things. I'm starting to think Twitter is Satanic.

Twitter and other social media sites allow leftists to create a hive mind and spread there filth uncontested

Depends on what you mean by patriarchy. I don't know what the word means anymore, just its connotations. If you mean something like a caste system, then clearly that's wrong. Hierarchy, however, is natural, splendid, and beautiful.  :P

(06-23-2015, 06:11 PM)richgr Wrote: Depends on what you mean by patriarchy. I don't know what the word means anymore, just its connotations. If you mean something like a caste system, then clearly that's wrong. Hierarchy, however, is natural, splendid, and beautiful.  :P

Yes hierarchy. Not a caste system lol. I mean in the sense as the father as the head of the house.

I wonder what we would make of the fact that, in past societies, slaves and servants were often considered to be members of the household in which they served. In real patriarchal societies, it seems, not every man who had a wife and children was necessarily a patriarch, as one also needed the resources to support a number of dependents outside of one's immediate family. One might also consider the relationship between serfs and other clients and their patron, even if this relationship was outside of the household itself. It seems to me that the Catholic attitude would be to support all of these relationships (despite what certain crypto-atheists might say), but at the same time, one might read distributism and the Church's social teaching itself as being concerned not only with a broad distribution of productive property, but also with a broad distribution of the patriarchal authority that is necessarily linked to this property. Perhaps, then, the Catholic position is a moderate one in which broader paternalistic relationships are affirmed even while a concern for the dignity of all members of society is maintained.