Wanna hear a joke?
(11-20-2017, 09:53 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Now, now, don’t get salty.  It’s a joke based off a stereotype, and stereotypes save time. Wink

True, and I use them too. But in this case the stereotype is so false that it tees me off. It's like in the First Gulf War, when Congressman Roy Blunt of Missouri's 8th District, made a joke, 'How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris? No one knows, it's never been tried'. I wrote to him and told him that there were a million dead Frenchmen in the cemeteries of Verdun to throw the lie back into his teeth. It was there that General Robert Nivelle uttered the famous phrase 'Ils ne passeront pas!' (They shall not pass!), and they didn't!

Oh, and BTW, the score is France 3-Germany 2. I forgot about 1871.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I just ran into my brother's vegan girlfriend.  It was a bit awkward since I'd never met herbivore.

Q: What don't robots have brothers?
A: The all have transistors.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil