Wanna hear a joke?
Q: How do you know Google is female?
A: She won't let you finish a sentence before making suggestions.

(03-21-2019, 06:13 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Crazy, but I actually liked giving birth. For me it was powerful, not painful.

Womyn's empowerment, trad style.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(03-17-2019, 03:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: In honour of the Irish for St Paddy's Day.

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back." The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan's offer. One man even leaves.

Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?", asks the Irishman.

The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back.

The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.

The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"

The Irishman replies, "Oh... I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first."

Hah! that reminds me of this 'America is the only country for which their is honor in eating the most hot dogs.'-- Mireille Guiliano 

https://nathansfamous.com/the-stand/hdec-fun-facts/
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
If I can remember it, this a joke that was told to me recently.  (Though it was before the fracturing that has been taking place lately in both left-wing and right-wing parties in the UK).

Fast forward a time.  The (this is in the UK) Labour Party gets into power.  There is a second referendum on whether the UK should leave the European Union and this time the "Remain" side has a resounding victory but it is noted that the number of people who turned out to vote is markedly reduced from the original referendum.  This phenomenon is examined and the people who voted "Leave" in the first referendum say "Well, you didn't take any notice of us last time we voted so we didn't think it was worth turning out this time" (I may be paraphrasing slightly on how the joke was told to me).

I actually voted "Remain" - not that I didn't think there was room for improvement in the organisation of the EU.
If pigs are supposed to be so smart, why do 2/3 of them use ineffective building materials?

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • dahveed
(03-25-2019, 09:25 AM)Jeeter Wrote: If pigs are supposed to be so smart, why do 2/3 of them use ineffective building materials?

To teach a lesson?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-27-2019, 10:14 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 09:25 AM)Jeeter Wrote: If pigs are supposed to be so smart, why do 2/3 of them use ineffective building materials?

To teach a lesson?

[Image: mistakesdemotivator.jpeg?v=1416776264]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • Jeeter
This one's for you, Vox.

[Image: when-you-scold-when-you-scold-your-cat-y...484062.png]

The thin veneer of intellectualism

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(11-10-2017, 08:57 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Q: Why are there so many tree lined streets in Paris?
A: The Germans like to march in the shade.

Q: Why are Parisians cutting the trees down?
A: Arab muslims like to march in the sun.

[Image: canadians.jpg]