Near Death Experiences and Traditional Catholic Teaching
What about the protestants that die and come back. Wouldn't God lead them into the true Church instead of letting them wallow in their errors?
(07-05-2015, 08:42 PM)JMartyr Wrote: What about the protestants that die and come back. Wouldn't God lead them into the true Church instead of letting them wallow in their errors?
I do not think that a near death experience must lead someone into the  catholic church to be valid. There are experiences within the orthodox church  that may be a result of God's grace. It is not necessairy that a religios experience eradicates all dogmatic errors but it should not be an obstacle to find the truth.
My main problem with NDE is that they extremly support the ,,zeitgeist". They seem to prove to many the unimportance of dogmatic differences. I read a NDE report of a woman ( she was a protestant ) who experienced that all confessional differences were absolutely wrong and harmful.
As Father Seraphim Rose points out in his book The Soul After Death we must remain extremely skeptical of these NDE's. Why wouldn't the devil want to give people a false sense of comfort?